• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazed by people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I used to take the toiletries home but don't bother any more.

    I do sometimes take the pen from the cabin.

    I wouldn't dream of taking a towel though.
    Jill

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by ROSEBASKETS, Yorkshire View Post
      I'm afraid to admit it but I steal a tea spoon from every new cruise line I visit, eleven up to press ... go on dob me in
      I did that with airline teaspoons for a period. I have a lovely Air France cutlery set.

      Annie

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
        Celebrity amenities.......
        Hi TD
        I can only find reference to Golf umbrellas in Concierge and Aqua cabins.......do they have x2 umbrellas,,,one golf and one small one.?
        I wouldn't take a golf umbrella home.
        How about the tote bag,,,can i take that home.
        No binoculars in standard cabins.
        JC
        C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
        "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

        Comment


          #19
          You should only take the towels if you are using them to wrap the TV in.

          Comment


            #20
            I take the toiletries if they are nice quality and always take the pen. I have a jar on the kitchen windowsill full of pens that have either come from cruise ships, hotels or the Football Pools people who have been sending them to me for years. Not sure why really as I don't do the Pools.
            Barb

            Comment


              #21
              I did try and take the Celebrity mattress once as it was so comfortable but for some reason or another, I was stopped by security as I was leaving the ship ✋😇

              Comment


                #22
                Celebrity WANT you to take the tote bag home as it’s free advertising for them if you use it while out and about. Yes, I do take some of the toiletries home as they are a handy size for weekends away, or for guests to use while staying with us, but we would never dream of taking a towel from a cruise ship or a hotel. As we say in Brooklyn, “some people ain’t got no class”.

                Take care, Helen

                Comment


                  #23
                  I have a pen from every cruise ship and hotel for as long as I can remember.

                  One of my desk drawers is almost full to the brim of them.

                  Slippers, I have a box full but never use them .............Wilba
                  Wilba

                  Comment


                    #24
                    We were so impressed with the Azamara dressing gowns we asked if we could purchase 2 of them. 2 new packed gowns arrived and there was no charge to the room.

                    Biggest problem was fitting them into the suitcases.

                    Cheers

                    Tony B

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post

                      Hi TD
                      I can only find reference to Golf umbrellas in Concierge and Aqua cabins.......do they have x2 umbrellas,,,one golf and one small one.?
                      I wouldn't take a golf umbrella home.
                      How about the tote bag,,,can i take that home.
                      No binoculars in standard cabins.
                      JC
                      My memory is a card in the wardrobe stating umbrellas and bathrobes are available for purchase at the end of cruise.

                      Loss of binoculars will be charged............or words similar.
                      Wilba

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Wilba View Post

                        My memory is a card in the wardrobe stating umbrellas and bathrobes are available for purchase at the end of cruise.

                        Loss of binoculars will be charged............or words similar.
                        Hi Wilba
                        Never seen one of those cards in a standard cabin,,maybe they are in a Consierge or Aqua cabin which have the Golf umbrellas and binoculars.

                        I am talking about the small umbrellas,I have seen them on the stewards trolley so maybe it's not only me who take them.

                        image.jpeg

                        I don't want to be a criminal,I have a couple left so I'll take them back on my X cruise later in the year
                        JC
                        C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                        "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                          Hi Wilba
                          Never seen one of those cards in a standard cabin,,maybe they are in a Consierge or Aqua cabin which have the Golf umbrellas and binoculars.

                          I am talking about the small umbrellas,I have seen them on the stewards trolley so maybe it's not only me who take them.

                          image.jpeg

                          I don't want to be a criminal,I have a couple left so I'll take them back on my X cruise later in the year
                          JC
                          I have never seen the small umbrella on an X cruise but I think you have cruised with them more than myseff.

                          Annie

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
                            Celebrity WANT you to take the tote bag home as it’s free advertising for them if you use it while out and about. Yes, I do take some of the toiletries home as they are a handy size for weekends away, or for guests to use while staying with us, but we would never dream of taking a towel from a cruise ship or a hotel. As we say in Brooklyn, “some people ain’t got no class”.

                            Take care, Helen
                            We took home the bag, there was a "With Complements" card on top of it when we first arrived (we were in a concierge cabin)

                            When we got our credit card statement a few weeks after disembarking, Celebrity had taken an additional £30 from our account for the bag.

                            Turns out we took the "fabric" bag NOT the "hessian" bag we should have taken, the steward had accidentally swapped the bags.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Well, we honestly didn't mean to bring home one of Cunards lovely embossed linen napkins a few years ago. We had middle of the night room service and it just sort of got caught up with a white shirt.

                              I will own up to 'borrowing' a hand towel from our favourite hotel in Turkey 🙊🙈🙉
                              BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                                Hi Wilba
                                Never seen one of those cards in a standard cabin,,maybe they are in a Consierge or Aqua cabin which have the Golf umbrellas and binoculars.

                                I am talking about the small umbrellas,I have seen them on the stewards trolley so maybe it's not only me who take them.

                                image.jpeg

                                I don't want to be a criminal,I have a couple left so I'll take them back on my X cruise later in the year
                                JC
                                I've never cruised concierge or aqua, only balcony and suite.

                                Plenty of info on CC boards.........Wilba
                                Wilba

                                Comment


                                We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.


                                By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

                                Working...
                                X