• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The www.CRUISE.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the "Scare Factor" crept in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are all these price drops?
    Not seeing any in my emails yet.

I see a couple of RCI 7n under £300 but that is normal range for those.

Celebrity Constellation prices are holding up over £1k

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post
      Think I might give it a miss, no matter how cheap.......looks like the Iranian retaliation has started
      We're thinking of popping over to KL and we rather like Emirates.

I've registered for an email alert from the F.O. for immediate updates on Dubai's status. The Ukraine Airlines disaster has me thinking a teeny bit, but unless ''things'' really escalate, it's not enough to stop us booking although we'll wait a bit to suss out the situation and hopefully get a price drop.
      Last edited by Mrs M; 8th January 2020, 11:24 AM. Reason: didn't make sense due to fat finger/small keyboard syndrome

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

I've registered for an email alert from the F.O. for immediate updates on Dubai's status. The Ukraine Airlines disaster has me thinking a teeny bit, but unless ''things'' really escalate, it's not enough to stop us booking although we'll wait a bit to suss out the situation and hopefully get a price drop.
        I love your reason for editing Mrs M! 😂😂😂
        don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Trump hass backed off from his previous threats so hopefully they have both done enough now to save face.

Comment

I predict another change of plans for Oceana next winter. Personally I would not want to be cruising anywhere near this region.

Comment

I think I might chose an airline not based in the UAE.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                I think I might chose an airline not based in the UAE.
                The only other airline which immediately springs to mind is Singapore.

We used to use S'pore like a HoHo bus company donkey's years ago and we used them last year. Quoting the age old phrase ''things ain't what they used to be''. Crew were, as usual, fantastic; the two seats I rejected should have been serviced before the journey. I wasn't impressed although I did get a quite al large amount to spend onboard from the flight shopping brochure, as a ''sorry''.
                We like Emirates. We like their planes and crew and we're quite happy breaking up the flight. Like many other airlines, Emirates are keeping out of Iraq/Iran airspace so, we'll watch and see.
                Last edited by Mrs M; 9th January 2020, 08:36 AM.

Comment

If intelligence says it is unsafe, the ships will not go. Their insurance would not be valid.

Comment

Some deals around for Singapore.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/dir...vel-up-3384154
                    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ret...vel-up-3384687

been looking to hook up with a cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                      Where are all these price drops?
                      Not seeing any in my emails yet.

I see a couple of RCI 7n under £300 but that is normal range for those.

Celebrity Constellation prices are holding up over £1k
                      I am not prepared to say where on a cruise agent website. ......Neil

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

Trump hass backed off from his previous threats so hopefully they have both done enough now to save face.
                        Latest US media reports suggest Iran 'mistakenly' shot down the plane with a missile ?

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post

I am not prepared to say where on a cruise agent website. ......Neil
                          All the pricing I am seeing across a lot of sites look like normal early year prices coupling with the cheap flight season including the US sites.
                          The gulf has always been cheap this time of year.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X