• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First drink on boarding?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First drink on boarding?

We received our itinerary by e-mail today. I have to say I much prefer the nice printed booklet. We have an overnight in Athens and should board just before lunch. The first drink will be the welcome champagne brought by the stewardess and then probably a beer with lunch on deck. If we eat lunch in the buffet we'll probably drink wine. Odd isn't it? What do you do when you first board the ship?

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
    We received our itinerary by e-mail today. I have to say I much prefer the nice printed booklet. We have an overnight in Athens and should board just before lunch. The first drink will be the welcome champagne brought by the stewardess and then probably a beer with lunch on deck. If we eat lunch in the buffet we'll probably drink wine. Odd isn't it? What do you do when you first board the ship?
    Dump our carry on stuff in the cabin and have a very large drink of water!

Comment

It’s usually a beer or glass of wine for me followed by the water Mrs M 😊

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
        It’s usually a beer or glass of wine for me followed by the water Mrs M 😊
        Ah well the Peroni will come with lunch and it was ''first drink'' which was asked about.

I don't drink much when travelling and so the water is needed to rehydrate, in order to consume the beer, and the wine which will inevitably follow later on. Can't be bothered with champagne, it's wasted on me.Give me a decent sauvignon blanc [Marlborough] any day of the week.

Comment

I don't drink beer, champagne/prosecco or any fizzy white wine, most likely be a diet coke as after traveling even from the hotel a bit of rehydration is required.

Expanding into first drink in the evening, a nice glass of red wine or two!

Comment

Always handed a glass of fizz when boarding Celebrity and it feels as though my holiday has now started...Carol

Comment

Oh yes, Fizz on Celebrity, But on other lines we have the DP anyway, So its straight to the bar for a nice cold beer.
              Lunch with a glass or two of wine or two then unpacking. Jan.

Comment

I just love a glass of Boli..

20190514_164534.jpg
                Last edited by Garfield, Waterlooville; 10th July 2019, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Strawberry daiquiri on the pool deck

Comment

This thread is making me thirsty 🍸🥂🍹🍺. I’m now online looking at another cruise. The “strawberry daiquiri on the pool deck” comment just put me over the edge

Comment

For me it would be a cup of tea.
                      Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
                        Not odd at all. Ours is a glass of bubbly handed to us as we board (Celebrity) which invariably gets swigged very quickly as our hands are full with the carry ons, boarding pass and passports. Our first port of call is not the buffet but the pool bar up on deck and its a nice cocktail for me and a beer for OH. Then the buffet, with wine for me and beer for OH.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
                          Always handed a glass of fizz when boarding Celebrity and it feels as though my holiday has now started...Carol
                          Same here, in fact I've been known to go back for more. Usually a beer after that.

Comment

Long Island Iced Tea for me and any cocktail for OH and the cruise is started - Now limited to one LIIT a day.

Cheers

Tony B

Comment

Tend not to drink during the day as it makes me sleepy but in the evening, a glass or two of wine, any colour and perhaps a Cosmopolitan Or very occasionally a mojito.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X