• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building the QM2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building the QM2

Two days ago I watched a programme about the building of IOTS and tonight on Quest is the building of the QM2 at 11p.m.
    Find these documentaries very interesting.
    EDNA

Originally posted by Edna , Cardiff View Post
    Two days ago I watched a programme about the building of IOTS and tonight on Quest is the building of the QM2 at 11p.m.
    EDNA
    Yes Edna, I would have liked to have seen these, but being in Cyprus not possible. However, all is not lost as I was on QM2 when
    Stephan Payne was onboard giving enrichment lectures about the building and design of QM2. He is very interesting. I am also enjoying reading the Alister Greener blogs on
    www.wearecunard.com
    about the building of the Queen Elizabeth. Are you following the events in Italy of the building of the new QE?

Comment

EDNA
      Quote: tonight on Quest

Edna what side or channel is Quest on,? I should like to watch that tonight.

Cheers
      sigpic
      Wen

Comment

Originally posted by Seacoasters, Hampshire View Post
        Quote: tonight on Quest

Edna what side or channel is Quest on,? I should like to watch that tonight.

Cheers
        Quest is a channel
        Freeview 38
        Sky 154
        Virgin 179

Hope this is of some use to you Seacoaster.
        EDNA
        Just checked the programmes for the evening and another one at 10p.m. is called Boat yard. Restoring a 30's racing dinghy.

Comment

Thanks a lot Edna, shall make sure I watch.
          sigpic
          Wen

Comment

Originally posted by MAGGIEMOU, CYPRUS View Post
            Yes Edna, I would have liked to have seen these, but being in Cyprus not possible. However, all is not lost as I was on QM2 when
            Stephan Payne was onboard giving enrichment lectures about the building and design of QM2. He is very interesting. I am also enjoying reading the Alister Greener blogs on
            www.wearecunard.com
            about the building of the Queen Elizabeth. Are you following the events in Italy of the building of the new QE?
            Did not know you could do this Maggiemou, Will look at the site tomorrow. Thanks
            EDNA

Comment

EDNA
              Just watched this programme you recommended on Quest about the QM2.
              Found the programme so interesting and fascinating, what an insist into behind the scenes? As we were only on the QM2 in June, it was made even more real, and we were thrilled to see several members of staff that we recognised.

I had never heard of this Channel Quest before, so thanks Edna, I shall keep an eye on further interesting progtammes such as this.
              sigpic
              Wen

Comment

Is it a freeview channel and is it likely to be repeated?

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
                  Hi Bradbury, It was on Channel 167 +1 a Sky Channel and also on Freeview Channel 38 last week in the series called Mighty Ships.

I have looked into all the forthcoming listings for television, and cannot find it listed to be re shown again in the immediate future.

If you do have Sky, tonight at 9m is a programme about the Emma Maersk (the largest container ship in the world) travelling from the Far East to Europe, rough seas, bad weather and the threat of pirates!! Thought it may make interesting viewing!!
                  Last edited by Seacoasters, Hampshire; 1st August 2010, 07:20 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Wen

Comment

Originally posted by Seacoasters, Hampshire View Post
                    Hi Bradbury, It was on Channel 167 +1 a Sky Channel and also on Freeview Channel 38 last week in the series called Mighty Ships.

I have looked into all the forthcoming listings for television, and cannot find it listed to be re shown again in the immediate future.

If you do have Sky, tonight at 9m is a programme about the Emma Maersk (the largest container ship in the world) travelling from the Far East to Europe, rough seas, bad weather and the threat of pirates!! Thought it may make interesting viewing!!
                    I've watched this programme on Quest before. it IS very interesting, well worth watching.
                    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
                      Hi Bradbury. This has been on several times, so if it comes on again I shall pm you with the details.
                      EDNA

Comment

Mighty Ships (repeats) seems to be on Quest quite a lot but I can never find out which episode is going to be shown in advance. Consequently, I always seem to tune-in to the episodes about the Ice Breaker or the Car Transporter. Got lucky last night when I saw three back-to-back episodes were on, starting at 6pm. I only had time to watch the fist one which happened to be about the QM2. Lots of facinating facts..........really enjoyed it. I think Quest just shows random repeats so you need to keep tuning-in to get lucky and see the episode you're looking for................Bob

Comment

Got my Sky+ set up to record......Thanx

Mark

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X