• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enough is Enough

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am always amazed how these men openly break the padlocks on the lorries and get inside hoping to get to the U!K that way
    Last edited by hat776, malta; 7th August 2015, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
      It is a hopeless situation for all concerned. I have no idea what the solution is going to be as the flow of people trying to find a better life is seemingly endless. They must be desperate, surely no one wants to be camped outside Calais, but how do they repatriate men who have no desire to return to their home country?

My big concern is how the wives and children who are left behind cope?..Carol
      Don't worry about the families as it costs these people a fortune to get to Europe never mind to this country. Unfortunately we are a small country and if we let these people in there will be a flood which will encourage many more to risk their lives. More has to be done at their place of departure to dissuade these people from traveling. Anyway the golden rule is, don't register at the first point of landing and don't have a passport then tough, back you go. They know once they get where they want to, they more than likely get asylum and can bring their family and extended family over. It is the so called rescue boat that encourages this.

Comment

Interesting resurrection of a 3.5 year old thread

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
          Interesting resurrection of a 3.5 year old thread
          Yup, thought that was dead & buried.....

Interesting to note that we don't really have news anymore - we have Brexit & the weather report. Most everything else is sidelined.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

If we are reviving old threads can I just point out that the site clock is wrong.....

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Right on both posts Bill..... and I did remind EVERYONE about the time change yesterday

Carol
              sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Originally posted by Calgray, Yorkshire View Post
                Right on both posts Bill..... and I did remind EVERYONE about the time change yesterday

Carol
                Yes you did Carol. Now, if you had included a Brexit or weather reference...........

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X