• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise Dot Forum Celebrity Watch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise Dot Forum Celebrity Watch

CELEBRITY WATCH!

There's nothing better than celebrity endorsement for adding glamour to a holiday. But what about cruising? Well, it's unlikely you will see a A-list star on board a mega ship cruise line. Unless of course - you get invited to a launch/Christening or a VIP event.

Did you know?

"Celebrities are attracted to Cunard, and Queen Mary 2 in particular, because some of them would rather travel by sea than air," explained Michael Gallagher, spokesman for the line in the UK. "If their schedule permits them to travel to Europe or the States for the latest premiere or concert, then they will opt for Queen Mary 2. The Grills system also helps as they can enjoy all the facilities -- penthouse, restaurant and bar -- without really having to spend time in the rest of the ship should they choose not to."

And you - have you ever seen a celebrity on one of your cruises? Did you manage to get a picture with them? Make sure you upload it here to earn your celeb points!

A list star – 5 pts
    B list star – 4 pts
    C list star – 3 pts
    Z list star – 1 pt

Forum member or the Cruise dot team - 1,000,000 pts

James Crossland, (Cruise Dot); ‪‎Scott Maslen‬ (Jack in‪ Eastenders‬) ; Ryan Inman, (Cruise Dot) – at Royal Princess launch June 2013
    Nisha at Sea
    Community Manager - Cruises.co.uk
    Online Executive - Cruise.co.uk

Des O’Conoor - at the Royal Princess launch June 2013
    Nisha at Sea
    Community Manager - Cruises.co.uk
    Online Executive - Cruise.co.uk

Comment

No photo I'm afraid but last year on Aurora in the Baltic Lembik Opik was on board and was sat with him for lunch one day. A lot of people think he is a bit of a joke, but I found him to be very sensible and well informed. Thouroughly enjoyed the experience.

Comment

I practically fell into Des O'connor when we were on the Royal Princess visit, and still didn't see him. My OH did though. I never seem to recognise any one unless they are pointed out to me................................................ ........Carol

Comment

"And now, from Norwich, it's the quiz of the week."

Went on a SAGA cruise last year and while waiting in the departure lounge at Southampton said to my wife "look at that old duffer over there. Who's he think he is with that hat on, Nicolas Parsons"?

Turned out it was indeed Nicolas Parsons and his wife - both lovely people who mixed with everyone, and were very approachable......

Comment

We have bumped into |Simon Calder (literally on the stairs) twice on Celebrity ships....never found his write up about them though......

Comment

most of the stars you would not recognise without their TV make up on.

Comment

Naturally, on a Strictly cruise, you expect to meet the celebs but what I didn't expect was how friendly, approachable, patient and downright 'normal' they would be fullsizeoutput_2825.jpeg

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X