• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When cruises go wrong

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to offer Viking Sky, other than that and the odd missed port nothing.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

John
      I think we can all agree that your Viking cruise definitely did go wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

John
        John, that is one heck of an offering! Three years ago our TA on Azura had to spend an extra day in Ponta Delgada in the Azores as a part failed and we had to wait for a replacement part and engineer from Germany to come and fit it. We made up the time on the way to St Maarten where Captain Camby left to go home to meet his new baby son and an Italian captain took over. Unfortunately this was the cruise where one passenger was killed in a RTA in Dominica and several others were injured. It was a very sobering experience for everyone on the cruise.

Take care, Helen

Comment

We were approached to appear on the programme as cruise experts after the researcher found our facebook group and blog page... didn't realise he was still on our page and wrote something in reaction:

When Cruises Go Wrong is the programme we were approached to appear in - the researcher wasn’t so impressed that we’re cruise fans and never had any major issues. Good stories don’t make entertaining programmes.

The whole angle of the researcher was that he was after bad stories, had we ever gotten ill, bad weather etc.

He also wanted to follow up on Which’s coverage of our favourite cruise line and fish for bad news stories in the group we run about that line.

Cruising is and will continue to be a fantastic holiday offering with an ever-growing and evolving industry with a wide variety of products to suit so many different tastes.

Comment

I watched the programme but I had seen most of the film footage on the news, except maybe for loutish passengers fighting.

We have experienced bad weather a few times, especially in the Atlantic. I love it when the ship is a riding a storm as it's exciting.

I did hear that there was fisty cuffs on Ocean Village when we were on her, although I didn't see it myself. I was in the Spa at the time doing 5 rounds with Mike Tyson, or that's how it felt.

She who did the massage on me, was sent to the pool to sort out the fight. She was Amazonian and not to be messed with, as I found out with the massage.
            Jill

Comment

I watched the programme expecting to see some rough weather and ships bumping into docks but no, to me it was a programme determined to put cruise ships and cruise lines in a bad light over pollution, illness etc. Not what I expected and did not live up to its title. It should have been " Lets slag off cruise lines".

Comment

I often wonder what our friends and family think about cruising and why on earth do we keep sailing. These programmes always seem to show the worse aspects, some of the activities they show are far removed from our experiences.

I realise that showing someone sipping a cocktail and listening to some live music doesn't look that interesting but if we had watched some of the programmes shown we would never have tried cruising.

The Jane McDonald series are more reflective of the cruising we enjoy...Carol

Comment

The persistent myths with cruising is

Cruises are expensive.
                  Cruises are for old people.

As I have said before Airtours, Thomson and First choice did most to popularize cruises for the masses with their package holiday on a ship approach.

Many poped their cruising cherry with those and moved on into the wider market if not immediately later when the families grow up..

If anything I am happy with the bash the cruise programs and those fly on the walls that put people off, if keep demand under control it keeps prices under control.

Jane's prog is more representative of someone on a cruise holiday but she does tend to take on the higher priced options and get VIP treatment..

Comment

The most shocking thing was the atrocious behavior of some of the horrid passengers fighting, Not just arguing but fisticuffs!!! Terrible, The attitude of these low life beggars belief. Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
                      I watched the programme but I had seen most of the film footage on the news, except maybe for loutish passengers fighting.

We have experienced bad weather a few times, especially in the Atlantic. I love it when the ship is a riding a storm as it's exciting.

I did hear that there was fisty cuffs on Ocean Village when we were on her, although I didn't see it myself. I was in the Spa at the time doing 5 rounds with Mike Tyson, or that's how it felt.

She who did the massage on me, was sent to the pool to sort out the fight. She was Amazonian and not to be messed with, as I found out with the massage.
                      We learned nothing new then??

Cheap TV.

Annie

Comment

I thought it was quite poor in content. I was expecting something a bit more dramatic but it was a damp squib at the end of the day. However, the coverage of the Viking star was quite interesting as I hadn’t seen much of it. TV at its best

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                        X