• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which one?

Hi all
    Believe it or not!!
    I am looking at a quickie cruise from Liverpool with Fred Olsen next month,,,just to try Fred.

One goes to Faroe Islands and the other goes to the Scottish Islands.

Which would you choose?

JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
    Hi all
    Believe it or not!!
    I am looking at a quickie cruise from Liverpool with Fred Olsen next month,,,just to try Fred.

Which would you choose?

JC
    Hi JC

I received a circular re these cruises the other day - for me the Faroes. Interesting place although it was 8 years since I visited.

The Scottish Itinerary is taking a slow (?) scenic route between Rothesay and Portree.

Annie

Comment

I've done both and would choose the Scottish Isles. The weather was grim on both occasions I visited the Faroes. Yes, Scotland has it's fair share of rain but I found the scenery was just as spectacular in places.
      Jill

Comment

JC, we did a Fred, a few years ago as we wanted to try the ships as they have good itineraries. We were on Balmoral and had a small suite. We loved a lot about the ship, didn’t like the design of the theatre and a bit like P&O some folks like to get to venues early and camp out for the duration.

Right price and itinerary we would do another

John

Comment

Both have interesting itineraries and apart from the Shetland call, we have done both a few times.

Both are great and I would have said Scotland until I looked at the Faroe itinerary and saw a couple of calls there.

I'd go with the Faroe trip if only because of the ship.

Comment

Blimey JC a Fred Olsen cruise!😀
            I've been thinking I would do a Fred if the price is right (would like a ship visit first ideally)and the Scottish itinerary is the one that appeals to me.
            For both I think the weather being kind would make a big difference to the experience.

Comment

Ages since we have done Fred, waiting for the deal, missed one earlier this year.

Could do both,

I would go for the 8n slightly better value scenic cruising to max out the package.

Your low travel overhead the 6n would be ok

I would also consider the next one that does Iceland.

For value in June

Emerald Princess 12n 14June £1kpp Inc the package.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                Hi all
                Believe it or not!!

Which would you choose?

JC
                Hi JC

There is another option Carnival from Dover (that is the PITA) which combines Portree and Iceland in July 12 nights £699. No Drinks package and rumour has it that Carnival are increasing the cost of their DP.

Phil IIRC has sailed with Carnival.

TBH the Fred option that I think is most attractive is the May option on the Bolette to Monaco 13n £726. A pity the solo penalty is in excess of 100%

However no departure port matches Liverpool.

Enjoy choosing.

Annie

Comment

I’ve been really taken by Fred’s new acquisitions from the HAL fleet. Just waiting for a price drop as we get nearer the sail dates.

The only stalling point for me is, I just wish they would start some of their cruises in sunnier climes, rather than slugging it around the Irish Sea, English Channel and Atlantic before getting out of anorak weather………….Wilba
                  Wilba

Comment

Hi … we are looking at some of the sailings from Liverpool as well . We are on Britannia next Sunday, looking forward to the cruise 🚢 but the drive to Southampton from North Wales is 5 hours . Liverpool is an hour away, we just haven’t tried Fred yet, but would like to try a short cruise before we book anything longer 😀

Comment

Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post
                      Blimey JC a Fred Olsen cruise!😀
                      I've been thinking I would do a Fred if the price is right (would like a ship visit first ideally)and the Scottish itinerary is the one that appeals to me.
                      For both I think the weather being kind would make a big difference to the experience.
                      I agree but can't legislate for the weather.
                      We have had grim weather and wonderful weather in both areas and in late Spring and Summer, again, both areas.. It's the luck of the draw

Comment

Sorry I never said if I had to choose I would do the Scottish itinerary 🚢

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
                          I’ve been really taken by Fred’s new acquisitions from the HAL fleet. Just waiting for a price drop as we get nearer the sail dates.

The only stalling point for me is, I just wish they would start some of their cruises in sunnier climes, rather than slugging it around the Irish Sea, English Channel and Atlantic before getting out of anorak weather………….Wilba
                          Braemar will be doing fly cruises starting Dec 2023 with a TA to Caribbean return to Med Feb/March and back to uk April.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

Braemar will be doing fly cruises starting Dec 2023 with a TA to Caribbean return to Med Feb/March and back to uk April.
                            It's only their 'new' ships, Bolette and Borealis that appeals TD...........Wilba
                            Wilba

Comment

Hi JC

Are you covid recovered ??

Is LMM opening a book on your decision??

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X