• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
    Hi JC

    Are you covid recovered ??

    Is LMM opening a book on your decision??

    Annie
    Hi Annie
    Day 8 and still testing positive,,who said this thing is just like a cold?if I could just get rid of the persistent coughing.

    Looks like the location of Talisker distillery might sway the decision.
    JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
      Hi Annie
      Day 8 and still testing positive,,who said this thing is just like a cold?if I could just get rid of the persistent coughing.

      Looks like the location of Talisker distillery might sway the decision.
      JC
      Hi JC

      Sorry to hear that. My BIL was asymptomatic but tested positive for 2 weeks. However his wife, who is asthmatic and diabetic, tested negative after 5 or 6 days but was symptomatic.

      Both are well now - thank goodness.

      Get well soon.

      Annie

      PS Talisker ?? I didn't think you would touch the stuff!

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

        Hi JC

        Sorry to hear that. My BIL was asymptomatic but tested positive for 2 weeks. However his wife, who is asthmatic and diabetic, tested negative after 5 or 6 days but was symptomatic.

        Both are well now - thank goodness.

        Get well soon.

        Annie

        PS Talisker ?? I didn't think you would touch the stuff!
        Quite an acquired taste- bit of iodine and salty (maturing on the shore). Used to accompany my son-in-law when he visited for work - well, rude not too!

        LMM


        Lawnmowerman

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
          Hi JC

          Are you covid recovered ??

          Is LMM opening a book on your decision??

          Annie
          My money is on the Scottish cruise .

          LMM


          Lawnmowerman

          Comment


            #20
            Hi LMM
            Dont mind the Talisker and I believe Highland Park distillery is on our itinerary at Kirkwall.
            On my recent Celebrity cruise I did a private Whisky tasting,,,as the only Irish was Jameson’s it had to be Scotch.
            here is a list of whisky on the Premium package….I tried them all except some of the bourbons…
            • Aberfeldy 12
            • Bulleit Bourbon
            • Bulleit Rye
            • Chivas Regal 12
            • Crown Royal
            • Dewar’s 12
            • Gentleman Jack
            • Glenfiddich Reserve
            • Glenfiddich Select
            • Highland Park
            • The Glenlivet
            • Jack Daniel’s Black
            • Jack Daniel’s Honey
            • Jack Daniel’s Rye
            • Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel
            • Johnnie Walker Black
            • The Macallan
            • The Macallan Lumina
            • The Macallan Quest
            • Maker’s Mark
            • Rittenhouse Rye
            • Wild Turkey
            • Woodford Double Oaked
            • Woodford Reserve
            • Woodford Rye
            Of course there were the usual ones like Grouse on the Classic…
            • Dewar's White Label
            • Famous Grouse
            • Jim Beam
            • Johnnie Walker Red
            • Monkey Shoulder
            • Seagram's 7
            • Seagram's VO.
            I come to like The MacAllan Quest or Aberfeldy12.
            There is one on there called Rittenhouse Rye.An American concoction that would rip your throat out.

            You are right,once I get rid of this rotten COVID I will book the Scottish Isles trip.
            JC
            C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
            "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
              Hi LMM
              Dont mind the Talisker and I believe Highland Park distillery is on our itinerary at Kirkwall.
              On my recent Celebrity cruise I did a private Whisky tasting,,,as the only Irish was Jameson’s it had to be Scotch.
              here is a list of whisky on the Premium package….I tried them all except some of the bourbons…
              • Aberfeldy 12
              • Bulleit Bourbon
              • Bulleit Rye
              • Chivas Regal 12
              • Crown Royal
              • Dewar’s 12
              • Gentleman Jack
              • Glenfiddich Reserve
              • Glenfiddich Select
              • Highland Park
              • The Glenlivet
              • Jack Daniel’s Black
              • Jack Daniel’s Honey
              • Jack Daniel’s Rye
              • Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel
              • Johnnie Walker Black
              • The Macallan
              • The Macallan Lumina
              • The Macallan Quest
              • Maker’s Mark
              • Rittenhouse Rye
              • Wild Turkey
              • Woodford Double Oaked
              • Woodford Reserve
              • Woodford Rye
              Of course there were the usual ones like Grouse on the Classic…
              • Dewar's White Label
              • Famous Grouse
              • Jim Beam
              • Johnnie Walker Red
              • Monkey Shoulder
              • Seagram's 7
              • Seagram's VO.
              I come to like The MacAllan Quest or Aberfeldy12.
              There is one on there called Rittenhouse Rye.An American concoction that would rip your throat out.

              You are right,once I get rid of this rotten COVID I will book the Scottish Isles trip.
              JC
              It's a hard job but someone has to do it........

              LMM


              Lawnmowerman

              Comment


                #22
                Hi all
                Day 10 of self-quarantine and finally got a Negative although still feeling ropey.
                Rang doctors who said cough could linger a long while,,,but negative is good.

                So…I booked the Scottish Isles cruise with Fred today,,,,,8 days in June from Liverpool.
                Wasnt going overboard on cabin for a quick break so booked a obstructed view OV on Prom Deck,,£500 cheaper than unobstructed and not interested in a Terrace Balcony.
                Passed on the AI upgrade at £24.99 each as it only covers house brands not including Guinness or John Smiths,,,you could get branded drinks at 50% off….ie £2.15 for a JS with the AI.

                Any tips folks……
                JC
                C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post

                  Any tips folks……
                  JC
                  Self-medicate JC

                  LMM


                  Lawnmowerman

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

                    Self-medicate JC

                    LMM
                    Hi LMM
                    Iwas thinking of doing that via distillery sightseeing……
                    Talisker in Skye.
                    Highland Park in Kirkwall,then Glenmorangie in Tain.
                    Then I looked at Fred’s trip to Glenmorangie at £119,,, looked on Google it’s £15 a ticket for the brewery visit…Is it walkable from Invergorden?
                    Oh.and they do Giants Causway and Bushmills distillery from Belfast only £185.

                    JC
                    Last edited by jc, liverpool; 11th May 2022, 09:34 PM.
                    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                      Hi LMM
                      Iwas thinking of doing that via distillery sightseeing……
                      Talisker in Skye.
                      Highland Park in Kirkwall,then Glenmorangie in Tain.
                      Then I looked at Fred’s trip to Glenmorangie at £119,,, looked on Google it’s £15 a ticket for the brewery visit…Is it walkable from Invergorden?
                      Oh.and they do Giants Causway and Bushmills distillery from Belfast only £185.

                      JC
                      Partially walkable

                      https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Invergo...1PZ-UK#r/Train

                      Annie


                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                        Hi Annie
                        Thanks for that.
                        JC
                        C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                        "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                          Hi Annie
                          Thanks for that.
                          JC
                          Hi JC

                          The link gives detail on how a solo could do the distillery trip by taxi for less than £100.

                          Annie

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Local tour companies in Belfast are very reasonable.
                            the giants trips are around £30

                            its finding one with the max distillery time.

                            back in the day first trip to Belfast we used minicoach I think they are still about and offer a custom service for small groups.
                            their standard tour is still cheap at under £20pp

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                              Local tour companies in Belfast are very reasonable.
                              the giants trips are around £30

                              its finding one with the max distillery time.

                              back in the day first trip to Belfast we used minicoach I think they are still about and offer a custom service for small groups.
                              their standard tour is still cheap at under £20pp
                              Hi TD
                              The Black Cab tours of Belfast are brilliant but FO wants £269 per person.
                              Only 3 years ago I did it booking online for £42.
                              Did you know most of the cab drivers who do the tours of the Troubles are ex IRA men,but there is no politics just sometimes a dark humor.

                              Back in the day I had to go to meetings in Belfast sometimes every 2 weeks,it’s a great city to walk around.
                              Like most stops these days it’s a walk around and a beer or coffee,,,the days of slogging around on tours have long gone.

                              JC
                              C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                              "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

                                Hi JC

                                The link gives detail on how a solo could do the distillery trip by taxi for less than £100.

                                Annie
                                Hi Annie
                                When you’ve been to one distillery you’ve been to all of them.
                                I certainly wouldn’t pay £100 for what is really 3 small tasters at the end of the tour.
                                I’ll have 3 Glenmorangie on the ship and save myself £80.

                                Its different if the distillery is just off the ship like the Tobermory Distillery,,,just across the road from that great Fish & Chip caravan on the queue.
                                JC
                                C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                                "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                                Comment


                                We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.


                                By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

                                Working...
                                X