• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are not likely to be out of the woods for sometime yet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Canada is not alone in thinking that way.

I have family members who make annual trips to the USA. They say they might return to USA in 2023!

Annie
    Surprisingly several of our friends have gone to Florida for the winter as they usually do. They own property down there, so get an exemption from US to fly down. They cannot cross the border in a car, so paid to have cars shipped to Buffalo, flew there, then drove the rest of the way. Their rational is that a Canadian winter is worse than the chance of COVID. They will have no problem driving back because they are Canadian citizens, but will have supervised isolation for two weeks when they reenter Canada. Supervision is strict, phone calls every day and random visits to make sure they are where they are supposed to be.
    Ankle bracelets haven't been employed yet!!
    Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
      Hi Mike
      I’m so fed up I have just booked a cruise for next August.
      Celebrity Reflection to the Baltic (again) from Amsterdam.

Got an e mail from Celebrity today with discounts for CC members,I got £200.

Coupled with the Always Included and a Hump balcony at a price of cabin one grade less.......deposit paid with FCC,,,so nothing lost.

Nothing to pay now until June 21,,,,will have an idea if it’s a goer by then.

If this dreadful virus is still with us next August we are all in the doodoo not just cruise lines.

JC
      Hi JC

Got that email too. Being cynical, I price checked without adding my membership number then checked again when added. Savings are significant, especially with the all the usual add ons included. Seriously considering 3 December 10 nights, itinerary looks excellent on Silhouette. USA is a scary place at the moment but hoping there’s a significant improvement for everyone by next December. 🤞 As you say, it can always be cancelled for a FCC

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

We are due to go back to Belek (Turkey) for golf in May, postponed from this year, if it goes ahead great, if not try again
        Belek is fantastic - we had two golf holidays there and would def go back.

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

Belek is fantastic - we had two golf holidays there and would def go back.
          It will be our third trip, great variety of courses, good AI hotels, happy to be going back, hopefully

Comment

Hi Mike
            I’m so fed up I have just booked a cruise for next August.
            JC
            Hi JC

You do surprise me - I didn't think you ever got fed up

Annie

Comment

There's a programme on Channel 4, Sunday 7pm, called 'Luxury cruises: from boom to bust?'.

May be worth a watch.

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post
                There's a programme on Channel 4, Sunday 7pm, called 'Luxury cruises: from boom to bust?'.

May be worth a watch.
                Already on record.
                Quest has been giving us our ship fix over the last few months.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Hi JC

You do surprise me - I didn't think you ever got fed up

Annie
                  Hi Annie
                  I am a social person...these virus rules doesn’t help that.
                  As the joke doing the rounds says,,,,”My dustbin goes out more than me”

JC

Last edited by jc, liverpool; 18th December 2020, 07:37 PM.
                  C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                  "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Until October I was feeling optimistic that I might cruise in 2021, now don't think that is going to happen in the way I want to experience it. Come January I'll be looking for luxury breaks in UK to get us back into doing what we love, travelling.

Comment

Hi Annie
                      I am a social person...these virus rules doesn’t help that.
                      As the joke doing the rounds says,,,,”My dustbin goes out more than me”

JC

Hi JC

OK I am not as social as you and I do get fed up too (we all do at times) and then I recall we are having it relatively easy compared to many others.

The vaccine is round the corner but leisure travel will evolve as social distancing, mask wearing will be necessary for some time yet.

I wonder if we will start to reminisce about the 'good old days' of cruising

Anniw

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
                        We’ll just sit tight and see how things work out. I will not be able to cruise, but Alan might when I’m dead. Possibly this time next year.
                        You might just prove them wrong and outlive us all, Judith - think positive! xx

Comment

Hi JC

Got that email too. Being cynical, I price checked without adding my membership number then checked again when added. Savings are significant, especially with the all the usual add ons included. Seriously considering 3 December 10 nights, itinerary looks excellent on Silhouette. USA is a scary place at the moment but hoping there’s a significant improvement for everyone by next December. 🤞 As you say, it can always be cancelled for a FCC
                          worth posting some of these good ones into the deals section. to bring it back to life.

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/forum...special-offers

Comment

I can’t just ignore a comment like that. My heart goes out to you and your family 🥲 Take care
                            Me too. God bless. x

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X