• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next cruise - when boarding what will you enjoy first?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next cruise - when boarding what will you enjoy first?

We have all been without cruises this year. Our next planned cruise is April 2021 to Canaries, but I think we will be cancelling this one and transferring to 2022. P & O are bringing out their new brochure in Novembe so we will have more choice to move the cruise to 2022.

The one planned after this for us is a cruise October 2021. This will mean that we will have been without a cruise for 19 months. Hopefully all this Coronavirus pandemic will be under control more and we will have a little more freedoms to go ahead with this one. I think if it is not, the cruise industry will be finished and I will be getting a refund.

Looking forward to your next cruise. On boarding on day one, what will you look forward to doing the most?

My next one is April 21 too, I'm not holding out much hope though, so if it does go ahead it will be a bonus.

I have one booked for 2022, but I'm not booking anything else, until cruises are up and running again, if I do have to wait until '22 it will be like my first cruise again, so will have all the nervousness and excitement I felt the first time. .................................................. ........Carol

Comment

I'm looking forward to cruising in the same way we have over 21 years and 25 cruises. I have nothing booked and I would not book anything while the current protocols are in place. At the moment cruise lines are selling cruises that cannot take place and the idea of cruises to nowhere and school trip style shore excursions holds no appeal at all for me. I live in hope that we will see restrictions being eased within the next 12 to 18 months but that's in the lap of the gods. I will happily return to cruising when that happens but if it doesn't then I may have taken my last cruise.
      Logic will get you from A to B.
      Imagination will take you everywhere.

Comment

The first thing I do, on boarding, is to unpack everything and put it neatly away.

That's all the 'work' I will be doing for the entire cruise, so I like the feeling of it being behind me, early on..

If I'm sailing on an unfamiliar ship/cruise line, I then like to go round the whole ship exploring. It all seems new and exciting.

If I'm sailing on a P&O ship I look at their 'cruise overview' document to see what shows and which guest entertainers are lined up. (Hopefully a few new ones... unless they really are old favourites!)

Comment

We are due to go in January on Viking Venus, can’t see it happening.

We also have a trip in October on Viking and if that doesn’t go ahead then I can safely assume that the majority of cruise lines will be out of business.

On a positive note, hopefully we will be able to enjoy a glass of wine and a light lunch, on deck before going to our cabin and unpacking.

John

Comment

Always the same and has been for years.
            As Victoria is now our second home, the boarding arrangements are pretty mundane. Cup of coffee if the cabin isn't ready [it usually is], unpack as much as we can if the cases have arrived and if not, coffee, and then lunch and look forward to greeting and being greeted by, the staff whom we know so well. It will be interesting to see who has taken up new contracts next year as the staff differentiate QV from QE as far as we're concerned.

Comment

For the first time in donkeys years we have nothing booked, although we do have future cruise deposits in place. We cancelled last year’s Athens to Dubai in October due to ill health. I honestly did not expect to still be living now. It is unlikely that I will cruise again because no insurance company will agree to insure me at any price. Although I would happily pay whatever they asked.

going back to the original question, after dropping the hand baggage in the cabin, meeting our stewardess and consuming the canapés and champagne I’d make my way to the Patio Bar For lunch and to greet old friends amongst the crew members and guests. I suppose hugs would be out of the question. I expect lifeboat drill would be on TV which is a shame because it is an opportunity to see how many guests you recognise.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonraker, Royal Wootton Bassett View Post
                I'm looking forward to cruising in the same way we have over 21 years and 25 cruises. I have nothing booked and I would not book anything while the current protocols are in place. At the moment cruise lines are selling cruises that cannot take place and the idea of cruises to nowhere and school trip style shore excursions holds no appeal at all for me. I live in hope that we will see restrictions being eased within the next 12 to 18 months but that's in the lap of the gods. I will happily return to cruising when that happens but if it doesn't then I may have taken my last cruise.
                This pretty well sums up how I feel, although in theory we should be going to Japan next September. I'm not holding my breath!

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

This pretty well sums up how I feel, although in theory we should be going to Japan next September. I'm not holding my breath!
                  I agree.

After the CDC announcement and Spanish State of Emergency announcement, I suspect cruise itineraries are being revised.

Annie

Comment

We have a cruise booked for June 2021, our present thinking is unless cruising restrictions are eased back to some sort of normality, and no longer regarded as being in the clinically vulnerable group, then our cruising days could be over, same in regards to our coaching holidays.

Will move our deposit to a 2022 cruise just in case, but think that is more to do with wishful thinking than reality

We do have a land holiday booked in Cornwall next year at the invitation of our daughter and partner, who will be doing all the driving which maybe our way forward in the future. I have no problems with driving, but not very long distances.

We also have our daughters wedding to look forward to in 2022, venue etc all booked.
                    Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 27th October 2020, 12:08 PM.
                    Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

I am looking forward to checking out one of Fred's 'new' ships. After unpacking and a snack lunch, I will be off on an orientation tour of the ship to check out the restaurants, bars and theatre.

The cruise is in July so I'm hopeful that it will still go ahead.
                      Last edited by Smith7; 27th October 2020, 01:03 PM.
                      Jill

Comment

Like many of you my next cruise is Easter next year on Azura . I go from thinking it will be cancelled to cautious optimism about it going ahead. At the moment I am thinking it will be cancelled. If it goes ahead the first thing I will do is get a glass of wine and toast the fact that normal life may be resuming at long last .I honestly don’t care if I don’t get off the ship for two weeks. I will just treat it like a floating hotel .

Comment

We were very lucky to cruise in February. Don’t have anything booked next year, too soon for us at the moment but very much looking forward to cruising once again. Who knows what’s around the corner. Glad to see the back of 2020 Tier 4 lockdown on the horizon for us 🙈

Comment

After unpacking, get to the library close to afternoon opening time to get a good choice. The trouble now is I have been on the 3 Cunard ships so often that Ive read much of what appeals.

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
                              We were very lucky to cruise in February. Don’t have anything booked next year, too soon for us at the moment but very much looking forward to cruising once again. Who knows what’s around the corner. Glad to see the back of 2020 Tier 4 lockdown on the horizon for us 🙈
                              Too many parties Mike and it is not Gen Z either. I always check the Zoe Project App stats - what the heck are you all doing??

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X