• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What date do you think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Yogini, Waterlooville View Post
    I made an impulse booking last weekend, but am aware that it may not happen. It is 4 nights on Queen Victoria, a round trip to Hamburg out of Southampton in early January.
    We are booked on QV Xmas cruise and we get off on 6th January , who know if either of us will be going ,

    Comment


      #17
      I really cannot see cruises being able to start at least until next summer. We have a Canaries cruise for 2 weeks booked next April, but I doubt we will be going on it. We don't have to pay until December but I am already thinking I may just cancel and maybe transfer the deposit to a 2 night cruise instead just to see what it is like as I don't really want 2 weeks of restricted cruising. Luckily the cruise company allows you to transfer the deposit to any cruise.

      Comment


        #18
        Mein Schiff 2 left Hamburg for its first cruise yesterday on its way to Norway

        https://www.myshiptracking.com/?mmsi=248956000


        https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/c...w656EOgrLLAmJk

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
          Mein Schiff 2 left Hamburg for its first cruise yesterday on its way to Norway

          https://www.myshiptracking.com/?mmsi=248956000


          https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/c...w656EOgrLLAmJk
          Hi TD
          Photo today from ship,,,,only 4 people allowed in a lift,,,,and buffet closed..
          FCD8834F-8C8E-453C-BF32-9A305D1A95DD.png
          JC
          C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

          Comment


            #20
            I wonder what the difference in cost was to one of their pre-Covid cruises.

            Garf

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post

              Hi TD
              Photo today from ship,,,,only 4 people allowed in a lift,,,,and buffet closed..
              FCD8834F-8C8E-453C-BF32-9A305D1A95DD.png
              JC
              I can't see that this is 2m distancing in a very enclosed space??

              I wonder what the passengers had to do before boarding - self isolate for 14 days? Even with limited passengers there will still be hundreds in an inside and enclosed space. Not yet ready for this, myself.

              I wonder if Norway are happy with a load of cruise passengers landing in each port?

              Comment


                #22
                Mask are needed in the lift space

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by lucy, sutton View Post

                  I can't see that this is 2m distancing in a very enclosed space??

                  I wonder what the passengers had to do before boarding - self isolate for 14 days? Even with limited passengers there will still be hundreds in an inside and enclosed space. Not yet ready for this, myself.

                  I wonder if Norway are happy with a load of cruise passengers landing in each port?
                  I think Germany social distancing is 1,5 m but in England is it 1m plus??

                  I was thinking how a wheelchair or a buggy would fit.

                  Annie

                  Comment


                    #24
                    I am more than happy on the ship and maybe a stroll around the port. What I do want from my cruise is the ability to socialise freely with other guests- we have made several lasting friendships this way -and if this is restricted I'm not minded to book at present.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by lucy, sutton View Post

                      I can't see that this is 2m distancing in a very enclosed space??

                      I wonder what the passengers had to do before boarding - self isolate for 14 days? Even with limited passengers there will still be hundreds in an inside and enclosed space. Not yet ready for this, myself.

                      I wonder if Norway are happy with a load of cruise passengers landing in each port?

                      Masks are being worn on th ship.

                      The Hurtigruten from Hamburg was to be a no stop cruise but that was planned before the relaxation of the Norway/German restriction.

                      https://www.fhi.no/en/op/novel-coron...dvice-COVID19/

                      The UK could be allowed to operate cruises to Norway if we did not have the FCO guidelines.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Stories are another small line has gone down not one many will have heard of.

                        more cruises that will never happen.

                        web site still up.

                        https://www.fti-cruises.com/en.html





                        Comment


                          #27
                          Norway is open for cruise business


                          https://norwaytoday.info/travel/unce...-in-stavanger/




                          Princess are having a sale on next years round Britain cruises.

                          Probably still a bit pricey, these used to drop under £500 for 12 nights.


                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                            Norway is open for cruise business


                            https://norwaytoday.info/travel/unce...-in-stavanger/




                            Princess are having a sale on next years round Britain cruises.

                            Probably still a bit pricey, these used to drop under £500 for 12 nights.

                            Just being nosy I had a look.

                            When is Round Britain not what it sounds? When it includes Le Havre (of course Ireland is included but I didn't expect Le Havre).

                            LMM


                            Lawnmowerman

                            Comment


                              #29
                              A few years back they did not include Le Havre but adding it means they can put Paris on the itinerary, many Americans jump ship and fly home from Paris.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                                A few years back they did not include Le Havre but adding it means they can put Paris on the itinerary, many Americans jump ship and fly home from Paris.
                                These marketing folk are clever!

                                LMM


                                Lawnmowerman

                                Comment


                                We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.


                                By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

                                Working...
                                X