• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has ANYBODY had refund yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post

Hi tdb
    And yet there are people on the Cunard boards elsewhere who are still waiting having cancelled months ago.

I would love to know what criteria they and P&O use for giving out refunds.
    You would think they would just work from earliest to latest,,,or am I asking too much?

JC
    A very small percentage of folk post on cruise forums and those who do and are not feeling the love, will, quite reasonably, voice their discontent. Just maybe, the companies are refunding with many receiving their refunds within the proscribed time and those that aren't, are letting the world know about it. i have heard it doesn't all fall on a cruise company's shoulders. Some agents are taking their time too, adding to the delay.

As a matter of interest, did you book direct or through an agent? If direct, maybe it's time to raise the issue with your CC company. If an agent, give them some more earache.

Comment

Hi FB
      I walked past a Hays Travel shop today,,,,they always have a window full of offers on holidays.
      Its the first time I have ever seen no cruise holidays in the window.

Maybe they don’t want the hassle any more of taking bookings then having to pay the refunds when the cruise is cancelled.
      JC
      There are cruises on their website but you have to ring them for information.

I do like this company, they kept in touch with me by email about what was happening about travel and their support during the lockdown. They have a good guarantee too regarding cancellations or amendments on future holiday bookings.

They are recruiting again so business must be OK.

Comment

Just this minute heard from iglu thanking me for " my patient service" and am still in a queue!!!!! how long is this queue? and how come they have got time to take new bookings but dont pay out on the old ones. my patience is hanging by a thread, but according to them it is an unforseen problem!!! However they are hoping I will book with them again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi tdb
          And yet there are people on the Cunard boards elsewhere who are still waiting having cancelled months ago.

I would love to know what criteria they and P&O use for giving out refunds.
          You would think they would just work from earliest to latest,,,or am I asking too much?

JC
          Hi JC - very much agree that, in current circumstances with many due far larger refunds than me, cruise and travel companies ought to try to complete things in reasonable order (but I’m obviously happy with my result). Just in case anyone finds any relevance/significance, this booking for this September cruise was direct with Cunard (and well over a year ago). Now watching carefully, - nervously? - to decide what to do about our Feb/March 2021 cruise. Virtually identical itinerary in 2021 looking more appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

A very small percentage of folk post on cruise forums and those who do and are not feeling the love, will, quite reasonably, voice their discontent. Just maybe, the companies are refunding with many receiving their refunds within the proscribed time and those that aren't, are letting the world know about it. i have heard it doesn't all fall on a cruise company's shoulders. Some agents are taking their time too, adding to the delay.

As a matter of interest, did you book direct or through an agent? If direct, maybe it's time to raise the issue with your CC company. If an agent, give them some more earache.
            Hi Mrs M
            I read somewhere on another board(I don’t like posting without proof of quote,but I can believe it) that complaints to P&O and Cunard through a resolution scheme in conjunction with MSE.com called Resolver has totalled 17,500 unhappy customers.

I booked direct,,,but I don’t see why I should Do the work to initiate a Section 75,,,,
            Its not even about the money,,,,,it’s the lies,the refusal to respond to mail,,the cutting off of phone calls,,,the promise to ring back and they don’t.

JC
            Last edited by jc, liverpool; 14th July 2020, 01:51 PM.
            C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
            "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Hi Mrs M
              I read somewhere on another board(I don’t like posting without proof of quote,but I can believe it) that complaints to P&O and Cunard through a resolution scheme in conjunction with MSE.com called Resolver has totalled 17,500 unhappy customers.

I booked direct,,,but I don’t see why I should Do the work to initiate a Section 75,,,,
              Its not even about the money,,,,,it’s the lies,the refusal to respond to mail,,the cutting off of phone calls,,,the promise to ring back and they don’t.

JC
              I can perfectly understand your annoyance. However, my CC comment was just a speed things along suggestion. Up to you.

Comment

Hi Mrs M
                I book with P&O via a Debit Card.
                I book with Celebrity with a Credit Card.

I don’t know why?
                JC

Comment

Hi Mrs M

JC
                  Hi JC

I have never used Resolver, but when I've been given the runaround by call centre staff and have lost patience with being fobbed off, I've use a website called http://www.ceoemail.com
                  to find the email of the CEO, and then I use this to complain.

The CEO is very unlikely to read the e-mail and respond themselves, but that doesn't matter. The complaints are often picked up by a smaller team who act on the CEO's behalf and have more clout to sort things.

I first used this route to contact the CEO of a retailer who was refusing to remove a faulty washing machine from my house. After failed e-mails and calls with 18 (yes, 18!) separate people in the contact centre, an e-mail to the CEO's office resulted in the matter being sorted within a couple of days, and some compensation being paid. Since then I've used the website a few times to track down CEO contacts where all else has failed.

I don't know if this would work for you with P and O, but it could be worth a try.

Whilst P and O might excuse the long delays by blaming exceptional times, the fact that your delay is excessive (and others have been paid before you), combined with the poor response to your e-mails and calls, and the broken promises, might just make them act.

Comment

Thanks Sandra.
                    An interesting site,,,I might just try it.

Problem with it is,,it gives the address for Josh Weinstein CEO of parent company Carnival.

The President/CEO of P&O is Paul Ludlow and according to those complaining on FB he has gone to ground.
                    JC
                    Last edited by jc, liverpool; 14th July 2020, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks Sandra.
                      An interesting site,,,I might just try it.

Problem with it is,,it gives the address for Josh Weinstein CEO of parent company Carnival.

The President/CEO of P&O is Paul Ludlow and according to those complaining on FB he has gone to ground.
                      JC
                      Hi JC

If you look at the FAQs on that site, it says that if you don't have the e-mail address you need, you can contact the site and the person who runs it will try to help you find the e-mail you need. (The site is free to use for consumers looking to escalate complaints.) I did once contact them to help me with an address I needed and they did get back to me.

Having said that, it might do no harm to contact a CEO of the parent company Carnival. I guess the aim is simply to get your complaint out of the usual customer service route, which has so far failed to help you, and into the hands of a team who are more likely to make things happen.

Comment

Hi Carol.
                        I just sent P&O another e-mail...you get one automated reply saying they have received your mail.

Then you get another automated mail with this....

AUTO: PO GuestSupport is out of the office (returning 16/07/2020 12:15).

]
                        Hi all
                        So,,I waited until dead on 12:15 today and sent another e mail.......at 12:20 I recede this e mail back.

‘Dear Mr JC

Thank you for your email. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in our reply.

Upon checking your booking, I can confirm that your refund was processed yesterday. The monies will be returned to the card use don your booking. Please allow the next 7-10 working days for your bank to process this transaction.

Thank you for your continued paitence.

Kind regards
                        Bo

Guest Services
                        P&O Cruises’

Yipeee!!! We will wait and see,...watch this space.

I always knew P&O was a good company

Now just my £300 FCC from Celebrity to show up on my account.,,,,,and jobs a good un.

JC

Comment

Guest support were out of the office but managed to process a refund.

Refund should have hit the processing systems today and appear on your CC account tomorrow ( unless by processed they mean that it has gone somewhere else in Carnival to be processed)

Comment

Hi all
                            So,,I waited until dead on 12:15 today and sent another e mail.......at 12:20 I recede this e mail back.

‘Dear Mr JC

Thank you for your email. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in our reply.

Upon checking your booking, I can confirm that your refund was processed yesterday. The monies will be returned to the card use don your booking. Please allow the next 7-10 working days for your bank to process this transaction.

Thank you for your continued paitence.

Kind regards
                            Bo

Guest Services
                            P&O Cruises’

Yipeee!!! We will wait and see,...watch this space.

I always knew P&O was a good company

Now just my £300 FCC from Celebrity to show up on my account.,,,,,and jobs a good un.

JC
                            well done you x now you can start booking new cruises xtake care heather x

Comment

Hi Heather
                              Got my eye on Celebrity next April,,,,,,Lisbon to Southampton.
                              And my wife wants to do the Baltic again for the third time.

I have insurance covered until next October so it’s good to go!,

But not if cruises are still on restricted measures.

JC

Comment

love the baltic... possibly my favourite cruise and we were lucky with the weather, we did that on celeb eclipse when sue was cruise director, ( fabulous ) Fingers crossed now, we have been on land far too long now x hugs, heather x

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X