• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has ANYBODY had refund yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    yes I am concerned that I dont know WHO holds the money, .. I had trips refunded within about 2 weeks so I thought that was marvellous and the whole thing was being sorted, however then it came to a big stop, and what annoys me is that all emails sent to you are on a "do not reply".. I booked this cruise through iglu and have used them for years and assumed i was " a valued customer" I am now due to pay for a fred cruise (oct ) and they have "offered " to take some of the money owing to me to pay for this and refund the rest, so if they can do this why cant they give me a refund, certainly thinking twice about who I book with in future... I also had a good long fight about getting my money back from parking 4 cruises... Had wait weeks then the cheeky sods stopped a tenner for admin charges.. Another firm I wont be using.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

      Simple rule - those who complained loudest were refunded first.

      It is all about managing the company cash flow.

      Annie
      Hi Annie
      I don’t know we’re you got that from.....
      The same people on P&O CC forum have been shouting out loud from Day one.
      Those on P&O Facebook pages have been shouting Even louder,,,like me most have been waiting over 100 days.

      We know it’s cash flow,,but that’s their problem not mine.

      JC
      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

      Comment


        #18
        I quite agree with you JC it is their problem, for a start they must have had SOME idea of ships that wouldnt be sailing BEFORE taking money and really all its going to do is turn you off of using that company in future, to me it seems they are not even trying to pay money back, they are keeping it to the death and tough luck on us... x

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post

          Hi Annie
          I don’t know we’re you got that from.....
          The same people on P&O CC forum have been shouting out loud from Day one.
          Those on P&O Facebook pages have been shouting Even louder,,,like me most have been waiting over 100 days.

          We know it’s cash flow,,but that’s their problem not mine.

          JC
          And some people on that same forum have had double refunds.

          Did you not post earlier that you can wait?? I think I may have commented you have too much money

          Annie

          Comment


            #20
            I booked with Saga through a travel agent. I got a message to let me know that they had the refund and the transfer was quick. My booking with Royal Caribbean was direct, and the refund came within the 45 day period.
            2018-
            Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

            2019 -
            NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
            Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

            2020 -
            Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
            Magellan - Panama Canal

            Comment


              #21
              Section 75 if applicable.

              Not sure if letter before action small claims would work as courts are not at capacity.

              ABTA have shown their true colours customers of their members don't matter.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

                And some people on that same forum have had double refunds.

                Did you not post earlier that you can wait?? I think I may have commented you have too much money

                Annie
                Hi Annie
                I did say I could wait,,but that was at about 60 days,,,now it’s at 120 days I feel as if I’m being taken Advantage of.

                You did say some have had double refunds,,when was that 4 weeks ago,,,I read that P&O forum every day and haven’t seen it happen in that time.....one swallow doesn’t make a Summer.

                I actually think it’s getting to the stage that for these companies to get some lost trust,honesty And customer loyalty back....the CEO etc should go,,,,they have proved themselves unfit to lead a customer focused company.

                For cruise companies to carry on taking bookings/payments for cruises when everyone and his dog knew they wouldn’t sail is bordering on criminality in my opinion.
                Especially when they knew people would have to wait over 4 months for refunds.

                JC


                C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                Comment


                  #23
                  well said JC.. we are being taken for mugs......as Citizen Smith used to say " come the revolution!"... Just hope some of them are reading stuff on this forum... take care x heather x x

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                    Hi Annie
                    I did say I could wait,,but that was at about 60 days,,,now it’s at 120 days I feel as if I’m being taken Advantage of.

                    You did say some have had double refunds,,when was that 4 weeks ago,,,I read that P&O forum every day and haven’t seen it happen in that time.....one swallow doesn’t make a Summer.

                    I actually think it’s getting to the stage that for these companies to get some lost trust,honesty And customer loyalty back....the CEO etc should go,,,,they have proved themselves unfit to lead a customer focused company.

                    For cruise companies to carry on taking bookings/payments for cruises when everyone and his dog knew they wouldn’t sail is bordering on criminality in my opinion.
                    Especially when they knew people would have to wait over 4 months for refunds.

                    JC

                    Hi JC

                    It is frustrating but JMO I wouldn't book with the culprits for a very long time.

                    Annie

                    Comment


                      #25
                      I booked our Marella June cruise with Hays Travel mainly because I was impressed with how they had saved lots of people's jobs when Thomas Cook collapsed. The cruise was eventually cancelled in May.

                      Hays organised my refund and it was transferred into my account on 24 June, so pretty good going for Hays Travel. If we ever go abroad again I'll book with them!

                      Companies just don't seem to get it that good service pays dividends.
                      Last edited by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear; 13th July 2020, 06:31 PM. Reason: spelling correction

                      Comment


                        #26
                        5-6 weeks with Fred Olsen and Southampton port refunded parking immediately they knew cruises were cancelled.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear View Post
                          I booked our Marella June cruise with Hays Travel mainly because I was impressed with how they had saved lots of people's jobs when Thomas Cook collapsed. The cruise was eventually cancelled in May.

                          Hays organised my refund and it was transferred into my account on 24 June, so pretty good going for Hays Travel. If we ever go abroad again I'll book with them!

                          Companies just don't seem to get it that good service pays dividends.
                          Hi FB
                          I walked past a Hays Travel shop today,,,,they always have a window full of offers on holidays.
                          Its the first time I have ever seen no cruise holidays in the window.

                          Maybe they don’t want the hassle any more of taking bookings then having to pay the refunds when the cruise is cancelled.
                          JC
                          C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Little Red Rouster, Lancaster View Post
                            If you paid for your cruise by credit card then I suggest completing a section 75 to claim your refund from the credit card company. Worked for me.
                            I have a Prague hotel who hasn’t refunded my money or answered my emails. Can I ask my CC company for a charge back even although I’d booked a non refundable room?

                            my pre and post hotels in Miami were both non refundable but they paid my money back within 2 weeks of my enquiry. Great service. also my parking at Edinburgh airport for the cancelled Prague holiday was paid back within 1 week. My Glasgow parking for my Miami cruise hasn’t paid my money back as it was non refundable but I’ve just to get intouch with them for a code with the full value of my original booking when I need to book parking. They will also allow me to book parking at different airports, which I’m very happy with. How can some companies offer great service and others c**p service?
                            Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 14th July 2020, 03:12 PM.
                            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Claimed refund for Cunard cancelled September cruise on 6 June. Refund - via Amex - on 10 July. Very good customer service in current circumstances in my view.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by tdb, Brentwood View Post
                                Claimed refund for Cunard cancelled September cruise on 6 June. Refund - via Amex - on 10 July. Very good customer service in current circumstances in my view.
                                Hi tdb
                                And yet there are people on the Cunard boards elsewhere who are still waiting having cancelled months ago.

                                I would love to know what criteria they and P&O use for giving out refunds.
                                You would think they would just work from earliest to latest,,,or am I asking too much?

                                JC
                                C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                                "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                                Comment


                                We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.


                                By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

                                Working...
                                X