• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has ANYBODY had refund yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has ANYBODY had refund yet?

Been waiting 50+ days for a refund from celebrity, first I was told it would be 30-45 days then 90 days and now they have said 120 day! What is it that makes them think they can keep your money tied up, I dont want FCC, I just want my bank to have some money in it. I emailed again this morning and I got reams of papaer saying that they have been allowed to do this by ABTA. Nothing worse than paying for a holiday, having it cancelled and then having to fight to GET YOUR OWN MONEY BACK,

I’m 120 days now with P&O.
    JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

OMG and I thought 50+ days was inefficient!!! best of luck x

Comment

Originally posted by ev'n'clive, HENGOED View Post
        Been waiting 50+ days for a refund from celebrity, first I was told it would be 30-45 days then 90 days and now they have said 120 day! What is it that makes them think they can keep your money tied up, I dont want FCC, I just want my bank to have some money in it. I emailed again this morning and I got reams of papaer saying that they have been allowed to do this by ABTA. Nothing worse than paying for a holiday, having it cancelled and then having to fight to GET YOUR OWN MONEY BACK,
        I finally received my refund from Cunard after 83 days. I was relieved when the payment was paid direct to my bank account. About two weeks after the refund was paid, I received an email from Cunard, this stated they were unable to offer me a refund and suggested I contact the agent I booked with?

Good luck with getting your refund from Celebrity.

Comment

Thought I posted

ABTA have no authority to change the refund from 14 days.

Comment

My pre paid excursions refund took approx 60 days from date I completed the P&O on line request refund form.

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

After 110 days I eventually received my Oceania refund but what really p****d me off was that cruise dot had my refund for 4 weeks before it ended up in my account!
              don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
                After 110 days I eventually received my Oceania refund but what really p****d me off was that cruise dot had my refund for 4 weeks before it ended up in my account!
                I have started to research reviews regarding cruise refunds, through social media and trust pilot, etc, with the conclusion that cruise lines have refunded the money to agents who do not pass these refunds on to their customers. I am now in week 13 of waiting for a substantial Celebrity refund. I have been patient but this is running out. One thing I have learnt through this is not to use a specific agent again! I have also having a battle with Holiday Inn Express for a 2 room booking refund pre cruise in Southampton. They are fobbing me off via email each time I contact them. Another one on the black list for the future.

Stay safe, Jen

Comment

If you paid for your cruise by credit card then I suggest completing a section 75 to claim your refund from the credit card company. Worked for me.

Comment

I applied for a refund under section 5 of the consumer credit act but my credit card company said that they would just apply a simple charge back to my account. This usually takes 45 days.
                    I received money back to my account after 40 days. I also had bookings with National express and Premier Inns separate from my cruise and flights which were both paid back to me within 14
                    days although legally under the terms I had booked with them did not need to refund me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                      Thought I posted

ABTA have no authority to change the refund from 14 days.
                      ABTA do not make the Laws although most travel agents are quoting ABTAs guidlines as though they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry, Manchester View Post
                        I applied for a refund under section 5 of the consumer credit act but my credit card company said that they would just apply a simple charge back to my account. This usually takes 45 days.
                        I received money back to my account after 40 days. I also had bookings with National express and Premier Inns separate from my cruise and flights which were both paid back to me within 14
                        days
                        although legally under the terms I had booked with them did not need to refund me at all.
                        We had the same with Premier Inn and CPS parking.

I understand a number of people who are claiming refunds from Shearing’s (who have gone into Administration), via their banks under section 75.

Are having the money refunded on hold into their accounts for a minimum of 45 days, giving Shearing’s time to refute the claim.?
                        Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 13th July 2020, 11:03 AM.
                        Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                          I’m 120 days now with P&O.
                          JC
                          I don't understand P&O's refunds at all, some people are still waiting from March/April and others have been refunded for cruises from July??

I had my excursion money back about 2 months after I requested it!!
                          Hoseasons paid one of my deposits back, and have just refunded the other 2, so that's all good.
                          I have re-booked Florida for next year, far to much uncertainty to go this year .................................................. .............Carol

Comment

Hi Carol.
                            I just sent P&O another e-mail...you get one automated reply saying they have received your mail.

Then you get another automated mail with this....

AUTO: PO GuestSupport is out of the office (returning 16/07/2020 12:15).

Note: This is an automated response to your message "Refund" sent on 13/07/2020 13:05:29.
                            This is the only notification you will receive while this person is away.

That is the 4th identical reply in two weeks,they just keep moving the .’out of office’ date forward.

Ring and they just cut you off.
                            They ask you to message them with booking number and they never answer.

They really are taking the p***.
                            JC
                            C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                            "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post

I don't understand P&O's refunds at all, some people are still waiting from March/April and others have been refunded for cruises from July??

I had my excursion money back about 2 months after I requested it!!
                              Hoseasons paid one of my deposits back, and have just refunded the other 2, so that's all good.
                              I have re-booked Florida for next year, far to much uncertainty to go this year .................................................. .............Carol
                              Simple rule - those who complained loudest were refunded first.

It is all about managing the company cash flow.

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X