• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cunard Sailings 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigMac, Glasgow
    started a topic Cunard Sailings 2020

Cunard Sailings 2020

We are due to sail on 21 October this year (Madeira & Canaries) and the balance is due to be paid before the end of June.

However, I've just noticed that on the Cunard site, all sailings prior to November 2020 have disappeared, but on the same site, Cunard still state that they have paused operations only until 31 July 2020.

Anyone know what's happening?

Stewart

• cymrucruiser
    replied
    Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post

I found out on Facebook of my cancelled December '19 cruise and my May one. I just go on there if I need to know anything now!! .................................................. .Carol
    I remember you saying Carol. Facebook is a very useful tool but I think that companies sometime think, that the whole world is on it, when they aren’t.

Leave a comment:

• carol, welwyn garden city
    replied
    Originally posted by cymrucruiser View Post
    They announced it on Facebook yesterday. You’d think current customers would be told beforehand or at the same time.
    So that’s Cunard and P&O and possibly others I’m not aware of. I truly hope Royal follow suit before the balance is due for our October cruise.
    I’ve already got one Celebrity FCC for next year I don’t need another.
    I found out on Facebook of my cancelled December '19 cruise and my May one. I just go on there if I need to know anything now!! .................................................. .Carol

Leave a comment:

• JohnR, Chippenham
    replied
    Currently on the P&O website :-

We’re extending our pause until 15 October 2020. We are currently assessing enhanced health and safety protocols in light of Covid-19 and looking at how these may affect your cruise. Stay updated on current Travel Advisories and health and safety protocols, and our further enhanced Future Cruise Credit policy.

and Cunard website:-

As a result of the continuing impact of Covid-19, Cunard has extended its pause in operations to sailings up to and including 1 November 2020 for Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria, and 23 November for Queen Elizabeth.

Leave a comment:

• cymrucruiser
    replied
    They announced it on Facebook yesterday. You’d think current customers would be told beforehand or at the same time.
    So that’s Cunard and P&O and possibly others I’m not aware of. I truly hope Royal follow suit before the balance is due for our October cruise.
    I’ve already got one Celebrity FCC for next year I don’t need another.

Leave a comment:

• tdb, Brentwood
    replied
    Many thanks for this Topdeck.

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    they are offering refunds in the small print.

If you would prefer a 100% cash refund please fill out this form and our Customer Contact Centre will process your request.

Leave a comment:

• All at sea, Yorks
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
    Ha

Cunard's Mystic Meg has answered.

Looking at my V.P and saw this heading on the main site. It wasn't there earlier

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: We’ve extended our pause in operations into November 2020. We are currently assessing enhanced health and safety protocols in light of Covid-19 and looking at how these may affect your voyage - Keeping you updated.
    You’re right, it wasn’t there an hour or so ago when I last posted.

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    Originally posted by tdb, Brentwood View Post
    Just received email from Cunard that all sailings ‘paused’ until the end of November. No refunds apparently being offered - just FCC.
    If the cruise is cancelled that would be a breach of both ABTA code of conduct and package travel regulations.

Just not mentioning that the refund is an option is a breach.

Leave a comment:

• tdb, Brentwood
    replied
    Interestingly, just received an email from Sovereign (a good travel agency but not one we used for September cruise because we booked direct with Cunard) informing us of Cunard ‘pause’ but stating that we would get either a 125% FCC or a refund (that could take up to 90 days to receive). I do have a lot of sympathy with cruise lines during this pandemic and can happily wait as long as Cunard does eventually make the refund.

Leave a comment:

• BigMac, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
    Ha

Looking at my V.P and saw this heading on the main site. It wasn't there earlier

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: We’ve extended our pause in operations into November 2020. We are currently assessing enhanced health and safety protocols in light of Covid-19 and looking at how these may affect your voyage - Keeping you updated.
    Yes, just saw it too.

At least we know where we stand.

Leave a comment:

• tdb, Brentwood
    replied
    Just received email from Cunard that all sailings ‘paused’ until the end of November. No refunds apparently being offered - just FCC.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Ha

Leave a comment:

• All at sea, Yorks
    replied
    Simon Palethorpe seems to have gone into hiding. Cunard need to update their customers as the other cruise lines have already
    done.

They were still trying to sell our early August Fjords cruise a few days ago!

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
    Why are the prepurchase credit/refund upto end of August if the cruises are only stopped till the end of July?

Another one for Mystic Meg!!!

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X