• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cunard Sailings 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Cunard Sailings 2020

    We are due to sail on 21 October this year (Madeira & Canaries) and the balance is due to be paid before the end of June.



    However, I've just noticed that on the Cunard site, all sailings prior to November 2020 have disappeared, but on the same site, Cunard still state that they have paused operations only until 31 July 2020.



    Anyone know what's happening?



    Stewart

    #2
    Mystic Meg might be needed here!

    Comment


      #3

      precruise purchases are getting auto refund upto the end of August is that new?

      https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/contact...uise-purchases



      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
        precruise purchases are getting auto refund upto the end of August is that new?

        https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/contact...uise-purchases


        It's not automatic, you have to request it. We learnt about this ages ago and could have asked for a refund but I received an email about it the other day from Cunard. Doesn't apply to us as we have chosen to take the 110% offer and keep excursion payments on our account.

        Comment


          #5
          Why are the prepurchase credit/refund upto end of August if the cruises are only stopped till the end of July?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
            Why are the prepurchase credit/refund upto end of August if the cruises are only stopped till the end of July?

            Another one for Mystic Meg!!!

            Comment


              #7
              Simon Palethorpe seems to have gone into hiding. Cunard need to update their customers as the other cruise lines have already
              done.

              They were still trying to sell our early August Fjords cruise a few days ago!

              Comment


                #8
                Ha

                Cunard's Mystic Meg has answered.

                Looking at my V.P and saw this heading on the main site. It wasn't there earlier


                IMPORTANT INFORMATION: We’ve extended our pause in operations into November 2020. We are currently assessing enhanced health and safety protocols in light of Covid-19 and looking at how these may affect your voyage - Keeping you updated.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Just received email from Cunard that all sailings ‘paused’ until the end of November. No refunds apparently being offered - just FCC.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                    Ha

                    Cunard's Mystic Meg has answered.

                    Looking at my V.P and saw this heading on the main site. It wasn't there earlier


                    IMPORTANT INFORMATION: We’ve extended our pause in operations into November 2020. We are currently assessing enhanced health and safety protocols in light of Covid-19 and looking at how these may affect your voyage - Keeping you updated.
                    Yes, just saw it too.

                    At least we know where we stand.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Interestingly, just received an email from Sovereign (a good travel agency but not one we used for September cruise because we booked direct with Cunard) informing us of Cunard ‘pause’ but stating that we would get either a 125% FCC or a refund (that could take up to 90 days to receive). I do have a lot of sympathy with cruise lines during this pandemic and can happily wait as long as Cunard does eventually make the refund.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by tdb, Brentwood View Post
                        Just received email from Cunard that all sailings ‘paused’ until the end of November. No refunds apparently being offered - just FCC.
                        If the cruise is cancelled that would be a breach of both ABTA code of conduct and package travel regulations.

                        Just not mentioning that the refund is an option is a breach.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                          Ha

                          Cunard's Mystic Meg has answered.

                          Looking at my V.P and saw this heading on the main site. It wasn't there earlier


                          IMPORTANT INFORMATION: We’ve extended our pause in operations into November 2020. We are currently assessing enhanced health and safety protocols in light of Covid-19 and looking at how these may affect your voyage - Keeping you updated.
                          You’re right, it wasn’t there an hour or so ago when I last posted.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            they are offering refunds in the small print.

                            If you would prefer a 100% cash refund please fill out this form and our Customer Contact Centre will process your request.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Many thanks for this Topdeck.

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X