• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think the chances are ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think the chances are ?

I cancelled a cruise last week which was due to go out today and received 100% cruise credit, which I then used and had to pay more for the same cruise next year.

Today's cruise was cancelled by P & O a couple of days after my cancellation and everyone was given 125% cruise credit instead. I am a bit annoyed.

What do you think are the chances of getting the extra from P & O if I make my case to them that I have had to pay more for the same cruise and everyone got 125% when the cruise was cancelled anyway.

Honestly? The answer is no chance. You cancelled your ‘contract’ and accepted P&O’s offer at that time.

my cruise has been cancelled and I’ve accepted the 100% refund. At the moment BA are only offering me a voucher if I cancel my flights but I’m hoping and going to wait it out incase my Miami flight is cancelled so I can get my money back if not then I’ll have to accept the voucher.
    Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 17th March 2020, 05:22 PM.
    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by lucy, sutton View Post
      I cancelled a cruise last week which was due to go out today and received 100% cruise credit, which I then used and had to pay more for the same cruise next year.

Today's cruise was cancelled by P & O a couple of days after my cancellation and everyone was given 125% cruise credit instead. I am a bit annoyed.

What do you think are the chances of getting the extra from P & O if I make my case to them that I have had to pay more for the same cruise and everyone got 125% when the cruise was cancelled anyway.
      You want a 2nd bite at the cherry??

Annie

Comment

Don't ask don't get, ask anyway.

not sure why you cancelled when it was fairly clear last week ships were going nowhere this week and the cruise would be changed a lot or cancelled.

​​​​

Comment

Normally I’d say no BUT I’ve read on social media today of some people doing exactly this and the cruise line honouring it. So it would definitely be worth asking. There’s nothing to loose and 25% to gain 🤞

Comment

Originally posted by cymrucruiser View Post
            Normally I’d say no BUT I’ve read on social media today of some people doing exactly this and the cruise line honouring it. So it would definitely be worth asking. There’s nothing to loose and 25% to gain 🤞
            Are you able to tell me any more? I think I might as well try it, particularly as I have booked the same cruise on the same ship next year but paid more so am out of pocket.

Comment

I have took the plunge and made a request - we will see what happens. Like Topdeck says - you don't ask, you don't get.

As we have done 32 cruises on P & O, they can see we are customers they would want to keep and in this uncertain future, they need to hold on to all customers at the moment, especially, as we have 3 cruises already planned with them just on deposit basis and could easily cancel the lot, with just loss of deposit.

Comment

Go for it..the worst they can do is say no...
                Good luck
                Garf.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                  Go for it..the worst they can do is say no...
                  Good luck
                  Garf.
                  Thanks Garfield - we will see. I don't hold our much hope with P & O, but you never know. I

have made the point I booked the same cruise, on the same ship, in the same cabin, on the same Select fare basis, but was out of pocket doing it. You never know, if they cannot meet the 125% request cruise credit, they may give me a bit to spend onboard instead. We were gutted having to cancel only a few days before sailing, when we were already packed and ready to go. My husband spent yesterday lamenting what we would be doing on the ship yesterday as we sat at home wondering what to do with all this time we have booked off work.

Comment

I think that will be the major problem for a lot of us..what to do instead of cruising.
                    It's not as if there's a lot of alternatives at the moment.

Ouf cruise on Anthem in May hasn't been cancelled yet but it's only a matter of time.
                    Looks like some of the work around the house will be getting done instead.
                    Painting the kitchen is first.

Happy daze

Garf

Comment

I think that will be the major problem for a lot of us..what to do instead of cruising.

Ouf cruise on Anthem in May hasn't been cancelled yet but it's only a matter of time.

Happy daze

Garf
                      I was reading your area is more affected with Coronavirus in Hampshire, with quite a high number of cases. Not sure whether this is due to it being commuter belt to London?

Comment

Thankfully it's more to the north of us with only one confirmed case in Portsmouth.
                        I'm just glad I'm not at work any more because this latest problem would have been my worst nightmare.
                        I pity my deputy who took over from me.

Garf.

Comment

Originally posted by lucy, sutton View Post

Are you able to tell me any more? I think I might as well try it, particularly as I have booked the same cruise on the same ship next year but paid more so am out of pocket.
                          Ill see if I can find it again. It will have been on a P&O, Princess, or Royal/celebrity fb forum

Comment

Originally posted by cymrucruiser View Post

Ill see if I can find it again. It will have been on a P&O, Princess, or Royal/celebrity fb forum
                            I know a lot don't like the idea of FB but there is a lot more info out there and the cruise lines are updating people there before the web sites.

Creating an account just for cruising can be very useful to monitor what's going on on lines ships and sailings you have an interest in.

Much of the chatter is on closed groups and not public.
                            Only a few groups block people without profiles so you can have very little identity info just create a name with very basic info.

Even if you have a profile for say just family you can create another one just for cruise stuff that you want to monitor no obligation to post.

Comment

Happy daze

Garf
                              I am due to be on Jewel of the Seas in May, and Anthem in November. I imagine Anthem is safer, but wouldn't be at all surprised if Jewel is cancelled. What are the chances of the Baltic ports being open?

I have done a bit of decluttering, as I am staying in more. Perhaps I could order some paint from the dreaded Amazon.
                              2018-
                              Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                              NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                              Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                              Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                              Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you