• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to cruising - what a time to start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to cruising - what a time to start

Hi, we're new to cruising, well I am, my wife's been on a cruise last year with her mates, had such a great time we both booked up a cruise on the NCL Epic sailing on the 22nd March flying out to Miami on the 20th then on to San Juan. Cruise stops at Aruba, Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua, St Kitts, Tortolla and St Thomas

Really looking forward to it having arranged some awesome activities in each port, tree top zip wire, quad bike safari, catamaran trip etc ...…. and then someone spills a bottle of Corona and there's a mess to clean up.

We're fit, in our 50's and not been to any blocked countries so in essence the trip is still on, what could possibly go wrong ?

Welcome to Cruise dot.
    Here's hoping you get your cruise. If not, don’t despair, the cruise industry won’t go bottoms up as some pundits seem to think.
    There's a whole raft of information to be gleaned from members, so keep looking in, keep posting and fingers and toes crossed for you.

Comment

Thanks Mrs M, here's to hope... 👍

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around and join in the chat. A few members have been on the Epic if you have any ship specific questions I’m sure they’ll help.
        I got as far as booking to sail on her a few years ago but had to cancel.
        Fingers crossed your cruise goes ahead as planned.

Comment

Bless you, welcome to the forum, your cruise sounds amazing, and your attitude is great. I hope you have an amazing time, come back and let us know how you got on, and we'd love to see some pictures!
          .................................................. ......................Carol

Comment

Cruise critic(NCL and roll calls ) and any Facebook groups for your cruise and flights need monitoring.

If you booked UK you will find out before NCL or your TA have a clue what's happening if there are any changes.

Comment

Hi, welcome to the forum. Hope your cruise goes ahead. We were on Epic a few years ago, food and entertainment were great.

Barb

Comment

Thank you very much for the encouragement and link to the roll call

Comment

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of cruising Ogaryo.

hopefully your cruise will go ahead. I’m on a cruise on 1st April from Miami so my fingers and toes are crossed it will go ahead too. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Even if your cruise and others go ahead, do you think the atmosphere will still be the same? Will there be additional safety measures or other precautions? I wonder!

Comment

well that sucks, cruise cancelled https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/travel-alert/coronavirus

will rebook for next year and would appreciate advice to make the cruise extra special when it comes around again in 12 months from now
                      Last edited by ogaryo, Bletchley; 14th March 2020, 09:10 AM.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X