• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your opinion on the coronavirus outbreak?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re using newspaper in case of shortage of loo paper. Firstly I remember when that was the norm.

For many years we have not purchased any newspapers, recently a representative from the local newspaper convinced us to take out a subscription to have it delivered daily.
    As most of the content turned out to be about the main town14 miles away and very little local content, the print being so feint I can hardly read it, we were going to cancel.

However we have now put that on hold, well you never know.............😳😱😎

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Hi Del
      It's not recommended nowadays..apparently the modern bogs can't process it.
      Regards
      Garf

Comment

My cruise.dot consultant phoned today asking if we had any plans to book a cruise. She sounded quite cagey when I asked her whether people were cancelling.

Comment

So anyone still going with the "just a bit of flu" or is it time to realise this could be a bit serious. New York state on lockdown, northern Italy shutdown yet most on here "the vunerable ones" still think we are over reacting.
          I and my family will in all likelihood be ok, any older relatives are already gone, but reading about the ages and health issues with many on here I would be worried.

Comment

Lockdown, shutdown, panic buying...
            Yes it’s possibly serious for those who have underlying health issues and shutdown, lockdown will have its impact and no, I’m still not worried.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post
              So anyone still going with the "just a bit of flu" or is it time to realise this could be a bit serious. New York state on lockdown, northern Italy shutdown yet most on here "the vunerable ones" still think we are over reacting.
              I and my family will in all likelihood be ok, any older relatives are already gone, but reading about the ages and health issues with many on here I would be worried.
              As I am not yet over 70, male with underlying health conditions, I am not unduly worried.

Interesting is it not though that the two countries with the highest number of deaths are countries where smoking is more prevalent than in the UK?? just saying.

Annie

Comment

Regal princess being held pending test of crew members.

Should hit the news.

Comment

I'm not worried on a personal front. However, I have friends who have underlying health issues in addition to being in the vulnerable age group. One is worried about coming to choir practice in case she picks up the virus from someone who may not know they have it. Another friend is keeping away from public places in general because she is also worried about contracting the disease.
                  Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                    Regal princess being held pending test of crew members.

Should hit the news.
                    I read about that hours ago but was awaiting the test results. The crew members had been transferred recently from the Grand Princess but more than 2 weeks ago.

As I understand this week's cruises on both the Regal and Royal ships are cancelled.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

My wife is in her mid 70’s and our forthcoming cruise in June is to celebrate my 80th birthday last month and our 55th anniversary end of this month, so would probably be classed as vulnerable.

My wife is on daily regular medication but not for respiratory reasons, I have recently had an echocardiogram and yesterday received a copy of the results sent to my doctor, which although I could not understand the jargon, the word normal is mentioned several times and underneath the result the cardiac nurse had written this is reassuring. I have a further assessment follow up appointment with the doctor end of this month.

I am certainly not worried, what will be will be, if the ship is still allowed to sail and we are virus free then we will be on it, unless my doctor tells me different.

I still do not understand the need for stock piling, we are just carrying on with our normal shop each week, have always taken care of our own personal hygiene.
                      Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 8th March 2020, 10:01 PM.
                      Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

This made me chuckle, and is so true ...............................................Car ol

Comment

New COVID 19 cases in China are slowing down. I think/hope in the next month or so this will be the trend for everywhere else. 🀞🏻🀞🏻
                          Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 10th March 2020, 06:31 PM.
                          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X