• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your opinion on the coronavirus outbreak?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought D33255C5-BD83-4F2B-84EC-4F26331FEC0B.jpeg this interesting
    Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Don’t touch your Eyes, Nose or Mouth!

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN20T29M

That would be an interesting development

Comment

In London for family meal, no fear, pub packed solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
            https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN20T29M

That would be an interesting development
            I saw that and d'you know what?

I agree that ships can be ''huge incubators'' at times.

I have seen folk wandering around Victoria and I'm sorry, they should have been confined to quarters. Coughing and spluttering, over the buffet and their fellow passengers. Folk who went to the medical centre for help, WERE confined to their cabin for a day or two. The trouble was, the number of passengers who knew this would happen and self medicated, continuing spreading their bugs.

As I said previously, maybe, the cough and sputtering police [crew] will have the gumption to start shifting suspects down to the medical centre where they can be assessed, properly and stop being afraid of the ''don't you lecture me '' brigade.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville
              Carnival shares now 1981...is it worth holding back for a few more days before buying?
              Certainly crossed our minds to buy, as we happen to cruise Cunard a bit!

Comment

Just deleted it but you beat me to it....
                We're thinking of grabbing at least a100 whilst it's this low not just for the benefit but from advice from a good source.

50% growth possibility in the next few years once this latest problem has disappeared over the horizon.

Better than the banks.

Garf.

But remember folks the value of your investment can go down as well as up.
                Last edited by Garfield, Waterlooville; 6th March 2020, 07:07 PM.

Comment

We have taken the opportunity to put on the sale table our carbolic soap which was difficult to shift. It'll do the job nicely and expect to flog the lot of them.

Selling at below cost to move them on - £3.00 for a dozen bars (think we pay 40p a bar - but good to move them on. We certainly can't be accused of ripping anyone off! (In-store only so don't bother checking our website)

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Another ~1000 passengers return from marella far east 2 weeks cruise with no checks at the airports.

The current week will be modified
                    as as well as being unable to go to Cambodia(Malaysia turnaround port will refuse entry if they do) they are now unable to go to Vietnam.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                      Just deleted it but you beat me to it....
                      We're thinking of grabbing at least a100 whilst it's this low not just for the benefit but from advice from a good source.

50% growth possibility in the next few years once this latest problem has disappeared over the horizon.

Better than the banks.

Garf.

But remember folks the value of your investment can go down as well as up.
                      As could the dividends and shareholder perks.

Short term losses are only part of the issue, cruise line new build programmes may need to be reviewed and will require cooperation from the shipyards as they will want to protect their business.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

As could the dividends and shareholder perks.

Short term losses are only part of the issue, cruise line new build programmes may need to be reviewed and will require cooperation from the shipyards as they will want to protect their business.
                        Yep..you pays yer money you takes your chance.
                        My advice is if you can't afford to gamble then don't.

Regards
                        Garf

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post
                          We have taken the opportunity to put on the sale table our carbolic soap which was difficult to shift. It'll do the job nicely and expect to flog the lot of them.

Selling at below cost to move them on - £3.00 for a dozen bars (think we pay 40p a bar - but good to move them on. We certainly can't be accused of ripping anyone off! (In-store only so don't bother checking our website)

Bill
                          Carbolic soap now that’s a blast from the past Bill! My mammy used to say my hair had a great shine cos she used carbolic soap to wash it.
                          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

As someone said to me earlier..the only way toilet paper will stop you getting Covid is if you breathe through your ar$e..

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

Carbolic soap now that’s a blast from the past Bill! My mammy used to say my hair had a great shine cos she used carbolic soap to wash it.
                              There would be no stockpiling of toilet paper if there was only Izal….. My father in law only ever bought that. It would have stopped the Australians buying it in bulk too!
                              It triggered memories of it when I saw it on the great programme 'Back in time' the corner shop last Tuesday. I believe there was carbolic soap on the shelves too.

Carol
                              sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Originally posted by Calgray, Yorkshire View Post

There would be no stockpiling of toilet paper if there was only Izal….. My father in law only ever bought that. It would have stopped the Australians buying it in bulk too!
                                It triggered memories of it when I saw it on the great programme 'Back in time' the corner shop last Tuesday. I believe there was carbolic soap on the shelves too.

Carol
                                OMG Izal toilet paper! We had that in our school. I’d rather use cut up newspaper than Izal toilet paper! 🙈😂😂😂😂
                                don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X