• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your opinion on the coronavirus outbreak?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    The change in sick pay to from day 1 puts a burdon on business and could increase "take a sickie"

    Comment


      #47
      Less than 20 quid a day...hardly a get rich quick scheme.

      And I thought this was solely for self isolation in cases of suspected corona

      Regards
      Garf

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
        Less than 20 quid a day...hardly a get rich quick scheme.

        And I thought this was solely for self isolation in cases of suspected corona

        Regards
        Garf
        I agree.

        If you are self employed or on a zero hour contract, you will still go into work.

        Annie

        Comment


          #49
          Ok, so now they've postponed the new James Bond movie premier until November because of coronavirus!! It's getting serious now 🤔

          BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

          Comment


            #50
            Well

            I stockpiled some more today.

            My spirit of choice has ''Botanicals'' in it [it's infused too but that just confuses me] so I thought as that sounded ever so healthy, I stocked up with tonic [diet, obviously[ to go with it.

            I always have lemons in the fridge [healthy!] but got a bottle of Jif [the lemon variety, not the cleaner] as a back up.

            What with the Sauvignon blanc dropped off here the other day, and the gin already in the booze cupboard...bring on Armageddon [small armageddon would be preferred].

            ps
            I have some loo rolls too so we're OK!.

            Comment


              #51
              Well its fair to say that cruise passengers tend to be over the 18/30 partying group, So isn't that the danger right now. Again today a cruise ship has been quarenteended with all passengers onboard because of one incident. Now must be worse places to spend 14+ nights than being confined to an inside cabin on a cruise ship, but there be many. Yes all you now need is one incident, and your holiday and onward plans (unless a package) "sink". Is it still worth the risk?

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                Well

                I stockpiled some more today.

                My spirit of choice has ''Botanicals'' in it [it's infused too but that just confuses me] so I thought as that sounded ever so healthy, I stocked up with tonic [diet, obviously[ to go with it.

                I always have lemons in the fridge [healthy!] but got a bottle of Jif [the lemon variety, not the cleaner] as a back up.

                What with the Sauvignon blanc dropped off here the other day, and the gin already in the booze cupboard...bring on Armageddon [small armageddon would be preferred].

                ps
                I have some loo rolls too so we're OK!.
                That's the problem with digital subscriptions of newspapers...nothing to cut up into squares in times of emergency..

                Garf

                Comment


                  #53
                  We’ve got nothing booked which is quite unusual, but having been on the 35 night Caribbean and Central America Ventura cruise recently, we need to catch up with work for the next half year. I’m looking for possible cruises in Oct/Nov but I must admit that this has put me off booking for the time being. So I’m glad that we have nothing planned for the summer. It’s the quarantine issue which is most worrying.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    I'm having great difficulty with all of this Coronavirus reporting, the majority of people getting it are recovering.

                    If they reported the people that catch flu over the winter, in the same way, and said when anyone died, from complications relating to it, it would make far worse reading

                    Now we've been told to self quarantine ourselves if we do get it, and not go to the Doctor, well how would you know if you had it. ...............................................Car ol

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                      I'm having great difficulty with all of this Coronavirus reporting, the majority of people getting it are recovering.

                      If they reported the people that catch flu over the winter, in the same way, and said when anyone died, from complications relating to it, it would make far worse reading

                      Now we've been told to self quarantine ourselves if we do get it, and not go to the Doctor, well how would you know if you had it. ...............................................Car ol
                      I could not agree more Carol.

                      BTW who is doing all this panic buying?? The worried well ?? Those on small or irregular incomes won't have the money to stockpile. TBH I have read about the panic buying but not witnessed any. The stores near me had very stock levels of loo roll.

                      Maybe the worried well should go on a long cruise and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

                      Annie

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Symptoms of coronavirus


                        The symptoms of coronavirus are:
                        • a cough
                        • a high temperature
                        • shortness of breath

                        But these symptoms do not necessarily mean you have the illness.

                        The symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu.

                        On TV news noticed a school is telling parents not to send children to school if they have a temperature above 39.5.

                        We went shopping at Asda today did not notice any bulk buying plenty of toilet rolls on shelf.

                        However we did need a bar of soap and noticed the shelf’s in this area were virtually empty, just a few bars of soap left, no sanitisers, wipes or sprays.
                        Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 6th March 2020, 02:56 PM.
                        Delboy


                        Photo Albums

                        https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

                        or

                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

                        Comment


                          #57
                          There are full reports every week for people that exhibit flu symptoms and are subsequently hospitalized, end up in intensive care and die.

                          latest report is under 5000 hospital admissions & 94 have died so far during the Flu season(starts end Sept)

                          https://assets.publishing.service.go...ek_10_2020.pdf

                          Comment


                            #58
                            This may help you decide if you have it

                            F53FACE6-1A5A-4F33-AFA7-62D59FC13606.jpeg
                            Delboy


                            Photo Albums

                            https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

                            or

                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

                            Comment


                              #59
                              There is a theory that we have had this virus for longer than has been reported..in fact right through the winter but as it's quite mild in most cases it hasn't been noticed and just treated as the usual colds/flu.


                              This was first reported in China in December and may have even been prevalent before then but the Chinese Govt either didn't take it seriously or just didn't bother reporting it....after all they do have previous of not letting news out.

                              Surely with how easy and speedy it is to travel around the world this virus would have been spread earlier than reported?

                              Is it only now with the testing for Covid that the media in their usual manner like to scare monger...after all nothing sells like bad news.

                              Conspiracy theory? Maybe but who would bet against it?

                              Garf.
                              Last edited by Garfield, Waterlooville; 6th March 2020, 03:16 PM.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                3C30EDCE-299F-4E0F-A735-6B51945E5945.jpeg As posted earlier we visited Asda today and all the shelf’s were well stocked, other than a small area normally stocking, soap, sanitisers, wipes etc.

                                ​​​​​​Certainly nothing like this photo.
                                Delboy


                                Photo Albums

                                https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

                                or

                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

                                Comment


                                We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.


                                By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

                                Working...
                                X