• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shareholder perks.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shareholder perks.

As the cruise lines shares take a hit now may be the time to consider shareholders perks, often OBC on a cruise.

DYOR

Extra risk over regular investment
    ​​​​​​
    Perk can get removed.

It is still working so far. 100 Carnival bought several years ago at about £2400 is currently bringing in 4 quarterly dividends of about £30 = £120. 2 x 14 day cruises this year will bring in £300 OBS for the 2. Total income for the year =£420, 10% return not bad at all these days. Since purchase the shares more than doubled but have now fallen back to just over the purchase price.

Who knows how long it will last but ditto many, many companies in many different industries will be affected by the corona virus. I heard on the radio yesterday we have had a bull market for 10 years or so and thus possible general "corrections" across everything will be coming.

You pays your money and takes your chances.

Comment

Paid a bit more for mine, not looked since they are there for the OBC, when we sail carnival brands, but princess has been a bit pricey of late might have to throw in one of the cheap P&O trips.
      Will look at NCL we seem to be finding more of their trips.

Comment

Approaching 2550, when it hits 2105 I'm buying

Comment

Carnival shares only allowed me £50 on a two week Princess cruise. I saw they were down to £30 at the weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser, Larne View Post
            Carnival shares only allowed me £50 on a two week Princess cruise. I saw they were down to £30 at the weekend!
            The amount allowed last year and again approved this year is shown here
            https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareho...holder-benefit
            Last edited by pennbank, UK; 27th February 2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser, Larne View Post
              that doesn’t make sense, a 14 night cruise qualifies for $250 OBC on Princess. If it was between 7-13 days then it would be $100 which is still the equivalent of around £77 in Sterling at today’s rates.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X