• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Singapore to Bali abourd Boudicca

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ilovesunshine, east yorks
    started a topic Singapore to Bali abourd Boudicca

Singapore to Bali abourd Boudicca

What a fabulous end to a fantastic day in Singapore. Ian Jacks, the pub singer certainly knows how to get a party going. He was singing on deck 6 for the 11pm sailaway. We danced to the music as we left the twinkling lights behind. People were looking down from all the open decks and the Boudicca statue watched over us. Lots of boats were around in the harbour. They must have thought we were a party boat, not ship load of pensioners! It was the best sailaway of the cruise so far.

Earlier in the evening we had enjoyed a few drinks on the deck outside the Lido lounge. It was just perfect with the heat and humidity of the day gone. This is the first day we have made full use of our all inclusive package which was included when we booked the cruise. The cost is now £29 per person per day which is too much as lots of drinks are excluded. We have been paying for cocktails at half price as the only one included is cocktail of the day which are mostly awful, especially the one with creme de menthe. I had a French martini last night which has never been is cocktail of the day. We had another trip to the laundrette today. I have never done so much washing on a cruise but the weather has been so hot and sticky.

There seems to have been a lot of rain overnight, the decks are wet and the cushions have been removed from the chairs on deck 9 where we like to sit for a while after breakfast before beginning the days activities. We have seen more ships today sailing through the straits of Malaca but still no other cruise ships. The weather this morning is a bit grey. We got a soaking at the golf putting and shuffleboard was rained off. Better weather is forecast for tomorrow in Phuket. 30 degrees with a bit of cloud.

PHUKET THAILAND

It was a beautiful sunny day as we arrived in Thailand. The forecast is for 32 deg. Boudicca is berthed 10 miles from the town with no shuttle bus. Our fare includes free shuttles but have only had one during the whole cruise. We still haven’t seen any other cruise ships but someone said an NCL ship is berthed close to the town in Phuket today, unlike us in the cheap dock.

Today we are doing our first ever Fred tour to see the sea gypsie village and some scenic views with lunch in a seafood restaurant. We assembled in the Neptune lounge at the appointed time and given our group number. Then we proceeded to our coach. As we passed through Phuket town I wished we could have stopped for a wander round. The old Sino-Portugese buildings looked interesting but we were trapped on the coach heading for a Buddhist temple.

It took a long time for everyone to get on the coach as only the front door was opened. The tour guide said the steps were too steep for us to get off at the back. We assured her we would be able to manage and the doors were opened at the next stop. Wat Chalong, the largest Buddhist temple in Thailand, was beautiful with the added bonus of market stalls in the grounds. My husband would disagree! We are not good on group tours and although we enjoyed the places we visited it was a trying day.

Lunch in a seafood restaurant was a typical place for large groups and the sea food mediocre. We enjoyed wandering around the stalls selling exotic looking fish and pearl jewellery in Rawai, the village where the sea gypsies have settled. Most make their living by fishing or pearl diving. I bought a pretty pearl bracelet which I like to the think is made with pearls collected by the sea gypsy divers but for less than 10 US dollars I am doubtful they are genuine. The beach in the village where the sea gypsies live had some stunning views but the beach was littered with rubbish. We returned to the ship in time to have a quick shower before the sailaway party.

Another superb effort from Ian Jacks. Then it was time for my Happy Feet treatment which I won in the spa raffle. My feet were coated in mud from the dead sea then immersed in a bowl of warm water for 15 minutes. The procedure was performed by the gym instructor. Not really what I was expecting. TBC

replied
    Here we are in our masked issued by Fred when we went ashore in Yangon. I'm not sure the do any good and the made us really bit but we did as instructed and kept them on all day20200131_075530.jpg

Leave a comment:

replied
    20200120_115849.jpg

Leave a comment:

replied
    20200120_120508.jpg

Leave a comment:

replied
    20200113_085400.jpg