• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Singapore to Bali abourd Boudicca

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really interesting read, have never been to that part of the world. Love the tuk tuk tale.
    Barb

Comment

Love your tut tuk story but my hubby’s BP would have been so high with anger he’d have had a stroke! As for the cobra snake I would have had a coronary due to my snake phobia! Eek! 🙈 Your tuk tuk driver was....as we say in Glasgow ’he was a chancer!’.
      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

I mentioned earlier about winning a competition. It was Knowing Me, Knowing You in the Neptune Lounge. Three couples were chosen, or rather reluctantly persuaded to take part in the Mr and Mrs style event. The first couple to leave were given a Fred Olsen key ring and the second couple got a bottle of Cava. That left us, the winners wondering what our prize would be. We were very surprised to receive a meal for 2 in the grill speciality restaurant. A very generous prize worth £40.

We booked the meal for our last evening on board. The food was delicious. Filet mignon and lobster cooked to perfection and the chocolate tower desert melted in my mouth. The setting out on deck by the pool looking at the ever changing colours of the Colombo skyline made our last night extra special. It was incredibly hot late into the evening with no breeze to cool us down.

We have found the Neptune lounge a bit too cool some evenings but tonight the air con was a welcome relief as we watched the farewell variety show followed by our last ballroom dancing session. We have really enjoyed the dancing with Lorraine and Keith and the dance hosts.
        We had a last spin on the roulette table before finishing our packing for our morning flight home tomorrow. We are £50 up on our gambling since the start of the cruise 28 days ago.
        We have seen some really fantastic, exotic places in parts of the world we have never been to before.

We were up early, before breakfast opened at 6.30 so we made ourselves a coffee at the drinks station on deck 6. We have a kettle in our cabin with a good selection of teas and coffee but have hardly used it on this cruise.
        We had time for a quick breakfast in The Four Seasons restaurant before leaving the ship to meet our taxi at 7am. He was there waiting for us as arranged. The journey took around 45 minutes. The driver pointed out the church where a terrorist attack took place last year. The roads were busy with colourful tuk tuks taking children to school, some of them didn't look old enough to be out without their parents. The old local buses were packed with commuters going go work, I don't know how they breathe being squashed so close together. Our driver skilfully weaved his way through the chaos and eventually we left the busy city behind as we reached the highway with a toll so much less traffic.

Security at the airport was very tight as you would expect. Our luggage and ourselves were scanned and searched half a dozen times as we passed through various check points. At the final one just before boarding the plane my husband had a roll of parcel tape confiscated from his hand luggage.

Comment

Very many thanks for the blogs ILS and safe journey hoime.

Annie

Comment

Have a save trip home

So glad it all went well I remember the thread many months ago after the Sri Lanka incident back in April.

Comment

Thank you all for reading. It was a challenge to post in some places as the internet was not good so I haven't replied to individual comments. It was encouraging to read that so many of you have been enjoing my cruise with me! I will attempt to post some photos when 're covered from the jet lag.

Comment

20200201_180428.jpg

Comment

20200205_092057.jpg

Comment

20200205_090028.jpg

Comment

20200201_102916.jpg

Comment

20200205_080624.jpg

Comment

Lots of information and interesting, I also loved the Tuk Tuk story, good job you had plenty of time. On the last photo what has the lady got stuck on her cheeks?...Carol

Sorry you added another photo by the time I posted, so it was the street seller.. pic 25

Comment

20200201_101125.jpg

Comment

20200131_115203.jpg

Comment

20200131_102232.jpg

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...