• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florence on a Sunday? Advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florence on a Sunday? Advice please

We are going on a 2 week Med cruise is October. One of the ports we love is Florence from Livorno and we have been a few times, but this time we are calling in on a Sunday. Will it be mostly closed with it being Sunday?

Has anyone experienced Florence on a Sunday and what sort of level of activity or opening can we expect? I am not sure if it would be worth the cost of an excursion off the ship, if it is mostly closed. We love the area around the Ponte Vecchio bridge and the Duomo.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Florence is open on Sundays! Most of the museums will be open including the Uffizi and The Accademia. Museums shut on Mondays in Italy.
    The Boboli Gardens are open and the shops in the main streets around The Duomo and Piazza Signoria are mostly open by about 11 am on a Sunday. San Pietro market is open too. Lots of families will be having a leisurely Sunday lunch that will go on for hours so many restaurants may be fully booked.
    The Duomo will be closed for Mass but is generally open in the afternoon.
    Hope you have a great time in one of my favourite cities....but actually I do prefer Lucca!

Comment

Originally posted by Lottie A, UK View Post
      Florence is open on Sundays! Most of the museums will be open including the Uffizi and The Accademia. Museums shut on Mondays in Italy.
      The Boboli Gardens are open and the shops in the main streets around The Duomo and Piazza Signoria are mostly open by about 11 am on a Sunday. San Pietro market is open too. Lots of families will be having a leisurely Sunday lunch that will go on for hours so many restaurants may be fully booked.
      The Duomo will be closed for Mass but is generally open in the afternoon.
      Hope you have a great time in one of my favourite cities....but actually I do prefer Lucca!
      Thanks for your help. This has really helped us to decide what to do on this day. We love Florence, but wanted to ensure it wasn't empty on a Sunday and nowhere to go.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
      X