• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do? Update.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do? Update.

Well - some of you will remember that we went on a delayed Oriana cruise 4 weeks ago. P & O never sent us notification and we only found out when we arrived in our cabin we were going to sit in Southampton overnight whilst they repaired the ship. So instead of sailing away on the ocean blue we had a great view of Southampton on the first night on our 3 night cruise.

As an update, P & O have written back replying to our complaint and said they sent out an email on 17th July (we did not receive anything and other passengers we spoke to onboard did not either). They definitely had both my email address and my husband's email address on my booking as I always fill in the personal information myself. We have been on over 30 cruises with P & O, so I think I can say I know what I am doing. The general overview of the letter says, we are not giving out any compensation and tough. I am both disappointed and angry at the way P & O have treated us. I feel like saying the cruises we have booked with them will be the last - there are plenty others who will value our custom.

My thoughts are, this is the principal. I am not particularly bothered about money, but the acknowledgement that we as customers did not get the cruise we booked and for that a recognition of this and some recompense.

What would you do? I am seriously considering never booking with them again, I am so angry that they feel they can treat their customers like this.

I vote with my wallet everytime ................Wilba
    Wilba

Comment

I'm with Wilba. They would not get my custom again.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
        Thanks - my thoughts exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
          I'm with Wilba. They would not get my custom again.
          Thanks - at least I am not alone in seeing that this is a poor response.

The fact that I was angry enough to write and complain should have been a red flag to P & O. Having been on 30 cruises with them, they should have recognised a valued customer and offered something. As I said, I am not that bothered about money - it could have been £5 for all I care, but it is the fact they recognise that they have an angry customer and want to do something about it. This has really shown me what P & O is about.

Comment

I'm with Cooke and Wilba. I won't deal with companies who treat their customers with so little respect.
            Ryanair have long been blacklisted by me even though Stansted to Bergerac is very useful for visiting friends in France, but I would rather travel with any other airline and drive further.
            Barb

Comment

I always take the view that anyone can make a mistake. The sign of a quality company is how they deal with their mistakes. P&O seem determined not to accept responsibility for their c**k up. They certainly wouldn't be seeing the contents of my wallet again.

Comment

There was a time when customers (at the very least loyal ones) were right, placated and treated well by big business. In the last few years more and more companies are treating their customers like Ryan Air have always treated their customers. They don't give a s^!t, their attitude is, there's plenty of people out there and you won't be missed.

A survey a few years ago concluded that it only takes 10% of a loyal customer base to dessert a brand and that brand will suffer irreversible damage, Ratners, Woolworths and Comet spring to mind.

As you say it's the Principal and if I had been treated like you I would NEVER use that company again. In 2006 I sailed with RCCI and was treated very poorly by their customer services. They will never get a penny of my money ever again. The company don't care, I'm not even a statistical blip on their product, but I know! It that gives me great satisfaction knowing that not one penny of the £60,000+ I've spent on cruises since then has lined their coffers.

Comment

A few people have mentioned how P&O seem to be arrogant towards their customers when things change or go wrong and they have a somewhat "take it or leave it" attitude, probably due to it's loyal customers being a big share of the market

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
                    Sod them Lucy. Name and shame them and as mentioned previously, apply the charge back via your debit card. That’ll sort them out.

Comment

A lengthy entry on the or social media pages might not go amiss. I detest poor customer service from any source. I do think that big businesses forget the power of word of mouth and I know reviews can be tampered with but they are often a great way of expressing dissatisfaction. Use whatever tools are available to you to make the public aware how they treat good customers.

Comment

What have ABTA said.

Don't forget P&O shoreside UK are basically the same outfit as Cunard and Princess part of Carnival Corp.

That's a lot of cruise lines you have to boycott.

Comment

Losing on night of a three night mini cruise is disastrous - its 33%.

I really don't understand why people are so loyal to P&O. I don't find their product to be anything other than mediocre, yet at five star fares.

Vote with you feet.
                          See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                            What have ABTA said.

Don't forget P&O shoreside UK are basically the same outfit as Cunard and Princess part of Carnival Corp.

That's a lot of cruise lines you have to boycott.
                            I know that, but more and more we have been cruising with other lines like CMV, which we have enjoyed every one. We have always been treated well. If we have been unable to dock in one of the ports on the itinerary for whatever reason such as bad weather, they have gone out of their way to dock in another port - something P & O don't do.

We are currently looking at Iceland for next year and we were deciding either P & O or CMV. It will definitely not now be P & O. Small loss to them I am sure of a few thousand pounds, but it will be to our satisfaction that had a small token gesture been made to recognise our dissatisfaction by P & O, then we may have considered them. Not now. We will go with CMV and their itineraries are much better anyway in our opinion.

I notice the 14 night Med cruise with P & O we have already paid for in October this year, still has a fair few cabins empty - they can only mistreat their customers so long and people vote with their feet.

Comment

When our flight to NY was changed a few weeks before we were due to travel they not only contacted us but offered us very generous compensation for the change in our journey plans. That’s what we call good customer service. I don’t blame you for voting with your feet and your wallet Lucy, They clearly don’t deserve your custom.

Take care, Helen

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X