• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise cough

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

I used to raid the Lido every morning whilst I had the cough. Teabags, lemon slices and honey pots. Did the trick so my Cunard Cough was def. of the Junior variety.
    Actually, it was noticeable the hacking coughs weren’t as much in evidence this world cruise as it was the last time we World Cruise sectored.
    First time and hopefully, the last onboard caught cough.
    That sounds a great remedy. I will try tea with honey and lemon slices and hope it helps me. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by famos, Evansville View Post
      I think that it is not a cruise cough if you never experienced it before. Just think about what and where you were doing before with your husband, maybe it's just a cold
      I started the cough on the last day of the cruise. I know it is not a cold as I have had it for 2 weeks and do not have a runny nose or sore throat, or feel particularly unwell which you do with a cold, just a cough.

I have just had it confirmed with the doctor that it is either something that has irritated my lungs, which is causing the cough, or it is a virus, which will take around 4 weeks to go.

So effectively what cruise cough is - either air conditioning irritating the lungs or a virus being spread around the close confines of the ship is causing me to cough.

I am going to try Mrs M's remedy of tea/lemon/honey and hope that helps. If it doesn't, at least it is a very pleasant drink.
      Last edited by lucy, sutton; 6th August 2019, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lucy, sutton View Post

I started the cough on the last day of the cruise. I know it is not a cold as I have had it for 2 weeks and do not have a runny nose or sore throat, or feel particularly unwell which you do with a cold, just a cough.

I have just had it confirmed with the doctor that it is either something that has irritated my lungs, which is causing the cough, or it is a virus, which will take around 4 weeks to go.

So effectively what cruise cough is - either air conditioning irritating the lungs or a virus being spread around the close confines of the ship is causing me to cough.

I am going to try Mrs M's remedy of tea/lemon/honey and hope that helps. If it doesn't, at least it is a very pleasant drink.
        Likewise Lucy.

I knew I didn't have a cold because I didn't feel unwell with the cough; nor did I have any symptoms of a cold.

My cough took 4 weeks to go once home from our cruise.

Jill

Comment

Don't know what caused mine. I'm very used to air-con so would be surprised if that was the cause of mine, but as it was well into two weeks onboard when I caught it. I don't think I brought it on with me. Honey and lemon, marvellous for an irritated airway...passenger's, that is.

Comment

Im coughing on Cunard as I write. Convinced its the vicious air con.

Comment

Originally posted by mags, cardiff View Post
              Ewww, hard luck. Try the lemongrass and ginger tea with honey and lemon. There's always loads of lemon slices in the Lido and even if it's not a cure, it def. eased my throat, and stopped the cough for me.

Comment

So far we have been lucky 2 world cruises plenty of long and short cruises and fortunately we have never had the cruise cough! it must be so annoying, especially as you have paid for it!CG
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mags, cardiff View Post
                  Sorry to hear you have the cough too.

Comment

My OH doesn't suffer with a cough, but gets the sneezes, whether we're on a land based holiday or a cruise, 4 or 5 sneezes together, it can get very annoying (bless him) .......................................Carol

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X