• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sun Headlines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have not bought a newspaper local or national for over 10 years, I get all the news I need on line from the main news broadcasting channels and the Flipboard app.
    Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 6th August 2019, 02:02 PM.
    Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Those who have no qualms about not buying newspapers obviously don’t regret the approaching death of good investigative journalism, whether at national or local level

Comment

I have chuckled (and winced) at many a headline over the years but one favourite was from a Sun writer (although there was some similarity to another years previously).

Inverness Caledonian (Caley) Thistle were in the second tier of Scottish football when they thumped the mighty Glasgow Celtic 3-1 in the Scottish Cup. The headline that followed:

SUPER CALEY GO BALLISTIC, CELTIC ARE ATROCIOUS

Still a great headline all these years later.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by BinleyBilly, Binley, Coventry View Post
          Those who have no qualms about not buying newspapers obviously don’t regret the approaching death of good investigative journalism, whether at national or local level
          No qualms or regrets.😢😱
          Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

We still have a newspaper delivered and I much prefer reading the paper with breakfast before anything else, you can move round the parts you want to read easily.

on a cruise note, one of the perks of the MSC YC is that you get a proper paper delivered daily usually in time to read with a pre breakfast coffee in the top sail lounge.

John

Comment

I can't do without our daily edition of The Times. I need it for the Super Fiendish Sudoku, and the Samurai on a Saturday! An expensive puzzle as I sometimes don't get around to reading the paper!

Then of course, there's the Mail Online for my balanced view on life. Just LOVE the comments!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                I can't do without our daily edition of The Times. I need it for the Super Fiendish Sudoku, and the Samurai on a Saturday! An expensive puzzle as I sometimes don't get around to reading the paper!

Then of course, there's the Mail Online for my balanced view on life. Just LOVE the comments!
                The Super Fiendish is one of the reasons we get the times (hard copy) also enjoy the Ken Ken, do them in ink to increase the challenge as I do for all but the 3 difficult Killer Sudoku that come out on Wednesday Friday and Saturday.

I have a book of Killer Samurai for holidays, great way to waste a few hours

John

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

The Super Fiendish is one of the reasons we get the times (hard copy) also enjoy the Ken Ken, do them in ink to increase the challenge as I do for all but the 3 difficult Killer Sudoku that come out on Wednesday Friday and Saturday.

I have a book of Killer Samurai for holidays, great way to waste a few hours

John
                  Never got to grips with the Ken Ken. I graciously leave that for my husband. Glad I'm not the only dope who spend £ for Sudokus.
                  I too am a sad person who buys Killer Samurai books for holidays! Sadly, I never get even near the time allotted on a Saturday. Double it for the Difficults!

Comment

Never got to grips with the Ken Ken. I graciously leave that for my husband. Glad I'm not the only dope who spend £ for Sudokus.
                    I too am a sad person who buys Killer Samurai books for holidays! Sadly, I never get even near the time allotted on a Saturday. Double it for the Difficults!
                    I agree about the times taken, I wish they would change the layout of the Saturday page as it never folds well when you want to do the various games.

Comment

Do you do the Daily Quiz?

We do and allow ourselves one answer each, all good fun

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

Do you do the Daily Quiz?

We do and allow ourselves one answer each, all good fun
                        Not often. It's time. I do the Polygon and as a logophile, love the Word Watch which I know 50/50. Never too old to learn new words!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post

No qualms or regrets.😢😱
                          Bona fide on-line news sites such as the BBC are now finding that entirely false items and photographs / videos are being inserted on their sites by criminal or terrorist parties with the deliberate intention of fuelling hatred, fear and character assassination etc. The lack of proper investigative journalism will add to the fact that, in the future, real factual news will become more and more elusive.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X