• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is your favoured cabin location?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balcony cabin decks 6 to 9 provided cabins above and below, prefer midship or on the hump. Last cruise we had an aft suite which was very private and never put an ounce of weight on because of all the walking!

Comment

As long as it's a balcony....... Anywhere really. Aft probably my favourite.,wake views and noise -unbeatable.

Comment

Low deck midships is our preferred location and we don't mind inside cabins either. Saying that, we had a high deck aft on Sapphire which was pretty good.
        BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Deck 7 or lower, midship is my preference. We have booked our first aft cabin overlooking the wake on Iona next year on a higher deck so fingers crossed it won’t be too rocky. 🤞🏻🤞🏻
          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

From responses there is such a variety which is good.

We have had cabins all over the ship, but our preference is high up - Deck A and aft. On many ships the aft allows you quick access to the open decks. However, any cabin suits us and further away from amenities means we get some good exercise walking, which is needed after all that food.

Comment

Any cabin on Cunard

Comment

We have tried every location on a variety of ships but prefer to be on a lower deck if possible.

I always look at the deck plans when booking, just to make sure that we are away from any early morning/late night activity by the crew.

We once chose a cabin which turned out to be below one of the bar's dishwasher and were kept awake by it's noise.

We don't mind a walk to the lifts as we often the use the stairs anyway, if we are up to it.
                Jill

Comment

Deck 7 or 8 mid-ship on S class ships is pretty good in my opinion. We once met a couple on Equinox who had a balcony cabin right above the Ensemble Lounge and it meant they couldn’t go to bed early as they then had to listen to (put up with) music until Midnight which really upset them. We’ve learned to look at deck plans over the years. A guaranteed balcony on Azura one time meant we were just under the pool deck which had chairs being shifted back and forth early and late which was not fun.

Take care, Helen

Comment

We don't really mind, but if we have an inside, we try to be as close to a door out on deck; I once discovered a cabin on Thomson Celebration which was next to an outside door and remembered it for next time- but that never happened.
                    Other wise, aft cabins with balcony.
                    Jo.

Comment

Inside midship is our preference less movement and quieter

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X