• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is your favoured cabin location?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is your favoured cabin location?

Which is your favoured cabin location? Forward, midships or aft. High deck. low deck or somewhere in between.

We prefer to be close to the forward lifts for easy access to the theatre and crows nest and on the deck above the promenade deck for easy access to the main facilities.

Mid ship balcony and lowish preferably with cabins above and below.
    But then we have our first aft facing cabin later this year so I may change my mind.
    Had our first forward cabin on QV. Never again! Lovely cabin but the booming noise of the waves hitting the bow were loud. We had some pitching which hubby succumbed to and we could hear every word and song from the theatre.

Comment

Oh aft cabin, love them, don't mind high or low, as long as I'm at the back .................................................. .Carol

Comment

Midship balcony as close as possible to the lifts/stairwell.

Forward cabins are in never neverland for me. Too far to walk to the main bars, eateries and restaurants..............Wilba
        Wilba

Comment

Same as Wilba who's excellent advice I learnt from.
          Regards
          Garf

Comment

Near the elevators that service the best vertical amenities can be front or mid or back

​​​​​​On the realy big ships like RCI with the promenade the aft bank tend to be best.

​​​​​​
            Often cabin categories like YC or Haven dictate location

Aft are good for sea days sheltered balcony but many ships there are soot issues.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
              Which is your favoured cabin location? Forward, midships or aft. High deck. low deck or somewhere in between.

We prefer to be close to the forward lifts for easy access to the theatre and crows nest and on the deck above the promenade deck for easy access to the main facilities.
              I have been located top, middle and bottom. Aft, forward and centre.

No real preference except cabins above and below if possible and no connecting cabins.

It doesn't have to be a balcony cabin either.

Annie

Comment

We have had cabins on every deck between five and eight. The only one I didn't like was seven, which is below the pool deck and tended to be noisy when crew were tidying up after deck parties. I prefer something mid ships as forward is noisy when ropes and anchors are being deployed.

Comment

​​​​
                  Often cabin categories like YC or Haven dictate location

Aft are good for sea days sheltered balcony but many ships there are soot issues. [/QUOTE]

Agree with both the above, never had soot issues ourselves.

If not the above then mid ships, cabins above and below, and near the elevators

John

Comment

I really dont mind as long as it is quiet. The lowest deck we have been in was on Boudicca. We found it really convenient for getting on and off the ship and it was so quiet. We try to choose cabins above and below and away from any potential noise.

Comment

We had a cabin on NCL Spirit right next to the doors for the gang plank, lucky most ports they used the other side they days lthey used our side it was fine as long as you don't mind getting up.
                      Really handy for a port intensive cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
                        Midship balcony as close as possible to the lifts/stairwell.

Forward cabins are in never neverland for me. Too far to walk to the main bars, eateries and restaurants..............Wilba
                        Same here. The so called partly obstructed balcony on S class ships suit us well.

Comment

Aft-facing and high up, if possible the corner. Don't mind the walk to the stairs/lift. Just love watching the wake.

Barb

Comment

I really don't mind where I am on a ship, but I do like to be near the lifts. We are on Britannia soon and we have a forward cabin, as apparently there are no lifts mid ship, so thought that might be a better option. We have had all sorts of different cabins on ships but as long as we are on a ship going somewhere, I really don't mind.

Comment

I’ll take anything within reason ( ocean view or balcony) and as long as it doesn’t have a life boat staring me in the face.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X