• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Booked a cruise - woo-hoo!! Well not quite.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's such a shame I would miss knitting so much. Struggling a bit with eye problems & arthritis in my thumbs but soldiering on. The wool shop is lovely to browse even if you don't buy anything.

The museums are great shelter during downpours and so interesting they have coffee shops too.

It tossed it down when I was there even the poor little Shetland ponies looked depressed. Hope you get some decent weather.

Comment

Decent weather would be nice but we'll make the best of it and enjoy ourselves. Looking to go to Shetland next and then the Outer Hebrides. I must say I enjoy being on the water even if it is only a ferry. There seems to be endless possibilities when sailing somewhere.

Added bonus of course the exchange rate is the same and we are familiar with the language (English of course). All place names in the Highlands are dual signed in Gaelic (money wasted in my opinion) and we understand some of it written but as for speaking - well there are many variations depending on which island you are on.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post
        Decent weather would be nice but we'll make the best of it and enjoy ourselves. Looking to go to Shetland next and then the Outer Hebrides. I must say I enjoy being on the water even if it is only a ferry. There seems to be endless possibilities when sailing somewhere.

Added bonus of course the exchange rate is the same and we are familiar with the language (English of course). All place names in the Highlands are dual signed in Gaelic (money wasted in my opinion) and we understand some of it written but as for speaking - well there are many variations depending on which island you are on.

Bill
        Signs in Wales are bilingual too. What a waste of money! I mean, why do we even need the English version?

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria, Aberystwyth View Post

Signs in Wales are bilingual too. What a waste of money! I mean, why do we even need the English version?
          Ahh - there we differ (but I did laugh). That big English village - what's it called - oh yes, Wales.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

Ahh - there we differ (but I did laugh). That big English village - what's it called - oh yes, Wales.

Bill
            Not where I live. Do you know, I can go for days without speaking English - and this is only place I ever write anything in English.

Anyway, have a good trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria, Aberystwyth View Post

Not where I live. Do you know, I can go for days without speaking English - and this is only place I ever write anything in English.

Anyway, have a good trip!
              Just teasing. We do share the same neighbours though .

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X