• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People come and people go.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People come and people go.

Reading another thread inspired me to start this topic; coupled with questions that Amar asked about our reasons for using this forum.

I joined in 2009, although not as one of the original 50, some of whom are till around.

During the past 10 years, I took a sabbatical when some members made life unpleasant for some us. As the saying goes...'if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen' so I did. although I didn't leave altogether. I joined another cruise forum but still looked in to this forum regularly and posted occasionally. During those early years, I made friends with many members and have since enjoyed cruises with quite a few oh them.

I know that others stopped posting after a while for a variety of reasons. Some like me, didn't like the aggression being metered out by a very small minority and some stopped looking in because of a change in personal circumstances.

I drifted back full time after the aggressors were banned and have enjoyed being part of this community since my return.

It's great to see Calgray back after an absence of a few years. It is also good see Tracey post now and again recently.

I often wonder what made others stop posting and hope that some of them may come back to join in again.

Jill

I have wondered too … when I did find my way round the new forum I looked back at some of my early topics and was surprised at the amount of lovely people I used to talk to on here who no longer post

I must admit though the bulk of people on now are the BEST and NICEST any forum could wish for

Carol
    sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Love having you and some of our other family back with us again..

I must admit that it was very difficult to carry on during one period of my time on the forum but I'm glad I did and especially now having met some of you lovely people.

Long may it continue.

Regards
      Garfield

Comment

I was one of the founder members and met several others at Eclipse's Christening. I used to review all our cruises, but after getting some very snide comments I stopped reviewing. I have remained as a member of the forum and post occasionally, although the unkind comments knocked my confidence a lot.

When I had serious health issues, some years ago, members of the forum were very supportive. Thank you all.

Comment

I enjoy belonging to a forum as a form of swapping ideas, grumbles and social chat. I still dip into a forum from our days of owning a property in Spain so I can keep up with the local gossip and happenings. With politics I don’t get involved as it is an emotive subject, I have my views but do not feel qualified enough to make comments, but everything else I will have a say. Even today Duncan has fuelled an interest for me in the Christo Rei, Lisbon - something I have learnt about and may visit. Jen

Comment

Where's Delboy?...............Wilba
            Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
              He was fine the last time I had a ''chat'' with him some months ago. Busy busy.

Comment

I have learnt a lot from people on this forum, and am in awe of some I have met, who have had such full and amazing lives.

I have my 'go to' people when I want to know anything, and every one I have met has been so friendly. Looking forward to June, for catch ups and meeting new people, and sadly missing some that double booked!! .................................................. .................................Carol

Comment

This is still the loveliest of forums. I haven’t posted much over the last 6 months ago due to ill health but have remained in touch.
                  Cruising my way through life!

Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
                    And Taffy??

Life gets in the way or they no longer cruise??

Or folks have moved onto Fb??

I do recognise a lot of names from earlier days who post in that other place??

Annie

Comment

I was one of the founder members and I found the forum very therapeutic then as I was unwell and off work for 6 months. I always logged in every day until all the sniping and unpleasantness started so I stopped joining in for a long time. However the forum is back to being its happy, friendly and informative old self.
                      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

And Taffy??

Life gets in the way or they no longer cruise??

Or folks have moved onto Fb??

I do recognise a lot of names from earlier days who post in that other place??

Annie
                        Taffy was posting again about 12 months ago?

Sadly seems to have disappeared again

John

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

Taffy was posting again about 12 months ago?

Sadly seems to have disappeared again

John
                          I do recall.

It is Cheltenham week soon and none of my regular tipsters are posting

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                            I have learnt a lot from people on this forum, and am in awe of some I have met, who have had such full and amazing lives.

I have my 'go to' people when I want to know anything, and every one I have met has been so friendly. Looking forward to June, for catch ups and meeting new people, and sadly missing some that double booked!! .................................................. .................................Carol
                            Sorry Carol- guilty as charged. I am gutted that I will be missing the Forum cruise, especially as I have been on the last 4.

In the end though, I had to choose between the forum and letting my friend down. She is so looking forward to our river cruise that I didn't have the heart to let her down.

Jill

Comment

I used to post a lot in the early days when I was on first time round, I loved Sandies Quizzes on a Friday night, tho I was never fast enough as had a slow laptop... I would be good now on my iPad! It was always fun, Wilba and his chips.... Mrs M and her Savignon Blanc... I think I nearly won once.... 🤔

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X