• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grab em when you can, another as it goes cruise report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grab em when you can, another as it goes cruise report

Sometime your plans change.

Back early in the year we had nothing lined up,

in mid Feb we spotted a no fly deal that fitted well on dates and a decent price AI, booked what for us was an early booking a few months ahead.

Then mid March Princess dropped the price on their Canaries run from Southampton less than 2 weeks away.
    We booked and it was a decent cruise even with the covid issues, still need to go back and finish that almost live from.

A week after we got back another deal popped up and that is now a month later.

From nothing to 3 in <6 months how things can change quickly.

Recommendation : if thinking about a cruise, follow the roll calls and live from on CC and look for FB groups.
    The cruise lines are messing up quite a few trips, go as informed as you can about what's going on.

I won't have Internet full time so posts may be a bit sporadic.

My stalker(s) will know the itinerary but I will unwind this one as we go

Today is leave home day, negative tests this morning, later we are off to LHR for an overnight with parking for the duration.

if planning fly cruises LHR onsite parking got expensive, our two go to hotel&park were full, holiday extras could not come up with anything sensible even with my 15% discount.

I did consider yourparkingspace but they were also short on decent spots very near accommodation with easy transport to T5.

A bit more research and Best Western Ariel on bath road came up with £150(direct).
    Plan is dinner somewhere around Heathrow probably Curry or Thai then a few beers then early night
    Catch the local bus from outside the hotel to terminal 5 for our early flight.
    We did this on the last trip and it worked well the buses have a short cut to T5 can be quicker than a taxi(and no +£5 drop off charge)

Back to the packing.........

Have a great trip Topdeck. I hope you’ve finished the packing and on the way to your overnight hotel. Have Fun!

Comment

We are flying from Terminal 5 on Saturday morning for a week, the parking prices are eyewatering!

John

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
        We are flying from Terminal 5 on Saturday morning for a week, the parking prices are eyewatering!

John
        Friday night hotel with 8days parking £144.

£143 at T5 long stay

Bus stop just outside hotel 423 12mins to arrivals and very regular.

Comment

We have paid £140 for 12 days meet and greet at T5. When we originally looked it was £112, and went up within a week!

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

John
            Hi John
            Parking on Kings Dock in Liverpool for my FO 8 day cruise next month =£100 with CPS.

Train from home under £5.Not lugging x3 bags.
            Taxi = £25.
            A mate =£0.

I think I’ll phone a friend.
            JC
            C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
            "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
              We have paid £140 for 12 days meet and greet at T5. When we originally looked it was £112, and went up within a week!
              There was a meet and greet at terminal, hotel holiday Inn t4 on holidayextra £146. £160 when you go to 12days parking

Always worth checking with hotel options our Nov one was considerably cheaper than just parking in the end we did not use the hotel.

​​​​​​Even if we used taxi or mates rates would have had hotel this time I and not leaving home at 4am
              A really good hotel for T5 is the thistle even better when they have parking.
              local bus 5mins

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post
                Have a great trip Topdeck. I hope you’ve finished the packing and on the way to your overnight hotel. Have Fun!
                Thanks. we don't live that far from LHR but having missed a flight before due to traffic we like to get close for early flights.

Steady trip lost 10mins leaving our town forgot to check the traffic and we have a lots of housing being built with roadworks we have 2 options to leave town took the wrong one and it was school hour that's when we were ready.

Overran about 15mins total it's been over an hour some runs.

Parking spots were full at the hotel got told there should be some when we get back from evening out we will find out.
                our first try of stay park fly at this place.

Our early dinner was a flop will report on that later now settled into a spoons not to far from the hotel(OH drives) think it's on a bus route if we both fancied a drink
                Not a fan of hotel or London prices spoons is my save haven.

Anyway got to the pub and my CC had been charged for my upgrade request now in a 1/2 decent balcony close enough to the elevators.

Hopefully under 50% occupancy based on last availability count last cruise on Princess was a little busy.

We have done this trip before our inside was good for the time we spend in the cabin cheap upgrade is a bonus for space, we don't use balconies that much even when we have them.

Heading back to hotel soon early start tomorrow.

Comment

Today has gone to plan so far leave hotel at 5am sat the bar for beer by 6am flight still on schedule, BA have cancelled a few others.

1/2 hour heading to Copenhagen.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                    Today has gone to plan so far leave hotel at 5am sat the bar for beer by 6am flight still on schedule, BA have cancelled a few others.

Safe travels, enjoy your trip.

Our flight back from Barcelona on 28/5 was cancelled but we ended up with much better times

John

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

Hi TD
                      Wonderful wonderful…..

JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Good Morning TD

Enjoy.

Reading your earlier comments, another booking selection could be by predicted occupancy levels??

Annie

Comment

Hope you both have a good flight TD with no delays and look forward to hearing more about your cruise.

(At least it’s light at 5am now!)

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                            Good Morning TD

Enjoy.

Reading your earlier comments, another booking selection could be by predicted occupancy levels??

Annie
                            Problem is you can't tell till very late.

Comment

Have a great time, TD.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X