• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marella Explorer not me.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marella Explorer not me.

We did a UK on the ship end Aug, never got round to reporting and much is out of date on the protocols.

Here is a report from someone that has sailed recently, very informative..

worth a read for those thinking about stepping back on a ship bearing in mind if you are looking at different lines it will be different.
    Fly cruise, covers ports Spain Italy and France

https://cruiseview.home.blog/2021/11...th-the-hassle/

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
    We did a UK on the ship end Aug, never got round to reporting and much is out of date on the protocols.

Here is a report from someone that has sailed recently, very informative..

worth a read for those thinking about stepping back on a ship bearing in mind if you are looking at different lines it will be different.
    Fly cruise, covers ports Spain Italy and France

https://cruiseview.home.blog/2021/11...th-the-hassle/

Thanks TD

Interestng and useful.

Annie

Comment

At least two of the flights back have had positive on board T&T have been contacting people.

They mix with land pax

Comment

Thanks TD for posting the link, it was a helpful blog and I went on to read the next very interesting one about the cruise itself and their experiences in each port of call.

Brought back memories of our first cruises with Airtours, owning their own ships and airline. It was the complete package from start to finish and also sailing out of Palma.

Comment

Thanks for that, TD.

Comment

With things changing its a good idea to keep an eye on what's going on.

I have a couple of cruises I have been planning but need DIY or TA package.

Keep coming back to the one stop shop Marella.
            They are down to £480 for a week AI before Xmas.

Should start getting reports on Caribbean trips soon.

Comment

Thanks TD, it was well worth reading. As it is, I think we are going to sit tight until after the New Year. Still, I envy those who have had any kind of a cruise!

Take care. Helen

Comment

Thanks TD. Very interesting.

Barb

Comment

Hi all
                  I was surprised the reviewer was worried about Marella becoming All Inclusive,,particularly has he had been sailing Thomson since 1998.
                  I have sailed 52 Thomson/TUI/Marella cruises and can’t remember it ever being not AI,,,I have certainly never cruised PAYG.

Plus I certainly wouldn’t drive from Liverpool going past Manchester Airport to Doncaster.
                  Tui flights for cruises go from T2,,,T2 has been massively revamped and enlarged,,,,TUI flights to pick up cruises from Palma go in the first wave,,,,,the terminal at this time is empty.
                  Especially at this time of Covid.

JC
                  C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                  "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Quote 'Your cruise would include such things as midnight buffets, wine waiters, fruit in your cabin and flowing champagne on captains’ night were it was reasonably expected that you would dress up in black tie and have your photo taken with the captain, dinner would generally be lobster with a baked Alaska parade with real sparklers.'

Oh those were the days.lol. Actually I quite like that we don't seem to have so much food on a cruise nowadays.

We've got a Marella cruise booked for next June that involves flights. I wonder if we will still have the same covid restrictions and requirements by then. If it means that we can cruise safely, then I'm all for it. Thanks for sharing TD
                    BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                      Hi all
                      I was surprised the reviewer was worried about Marella becoming All Inclusive,,particularly has he had been sailing Thomson since 1998.
                      I have sailed 52 Thomson/TUI/Marella cruises and can’t remember it ever being not AI,,,I have certainly never cruised PAYG.

Plus I certainly wouldn’t drive from Liverpool going past Manchester Airport to Doncaster.
                      Tui flights for cruises go from T2,,,T2 has been massively revamped and enlarged,,,,TUI flights to pick up cruises from Palma go in the first wave,,,,,the terminal at this time is empty.
                      Especially at this time of Covid.

JC
                      We were on the last none AI Cruise on Marella before they went all ships AI.

April/May 2019 10n Canaries to Palma on the Dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

We were on the last none AI Cruise on Marella before they went all ships AI.

April/May 2019 10n Canaries to Palma on the Dream.
                        Hi TD
                        When did they stop the AI cruises?
                        My last cruise was Discovery 2 in 2017 and that was definitely AI.I upgraded on board because the choice of drinks (house brand) was pathetic.
                        Thats when I switched to Celebrity.

JC
                        C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                        "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                          Hi TD
                          When did they stop the AI cruises?
                          My last cruise was Discovery 2 in 2017 and that was definitely AI.I upgraded on board because the choice of drinks (house brand) was pathetic.
                          Thats when I switched to Celebrity.

JC
                          Not all the ships were AI

Comment

Useful review.

Shame Marella don't have any cruises from UK ports next year. I was hoping to get to the North Cape from Newcastle as our 2020 cruise there was cancelled. They don't seem to be sailing from Southampton either.

I did contact them to ask if there were any coming later but got no response.

Just can't see the point of booking anything with flights unless the Covid situation changes drastically.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X