• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Maiden Voyage | Duncan Writes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Maiden Voyage | Duncan Writes

Alex and I are currently packing to begin our exciting trip on the maiden voyage of MSCs newest ship, MSC Bellissima, courtesy of CruiseDot.

I don't have any real notion of what to expect on board. I've seen some beautiful photos of the interior and am aware of some of the features and entertainment on board, but it will mostly be new to me! You can share in the excitement as I delve into every corner of this new ship, and try some of technology that MSC are very excited about.

It'll be interesting to try MSC outside of the Yacht Club. We'll be staying in an inside stateroom, which will be quite different from the Deluxe Yacht Club staterooms we've enjoyed on Preziosa and Splendida. MSC has always had mixed reviews from UK cruisers - am I about to find out why? Stay tuned!

For now, here's the itinerary:

Code:
    | Date       | Port             | Arrival |  Departure |
    |------------|------------------|--------:|-----------:|
    | 4th March  | Southampton, UK  | -       | 19:00      |
    | 5th March  | Sea Day          | -       | -          |
    | 6th March  | La Coruña, Spain | 07:00   | 19:00      |
    | 7th March  | Sea Day          | -       | -          |
    | 8th March  | Lisbon, Portugal | 07:00   | -          |
    | 9th March  | Lisbon, Portugal | -       | 14:00      |
    | 10th March | Sea Day          | -       | -          |
    | 11th March | Valencia, Spain  | 08:00   | 18:00      |
    | 12th March | Barcelona, Spain | 07:00   | -          |
    At the end of the cruise we'll be staying for one night in Barcelona before flying home, so we'll have time to see a little more of what the city has to offer.

We'll be headed to London on the sleeper tonight to spend the weekend with my family there before getting the train to Southampton on Sunday night. I've always wanted to try the Caledonia Sleeper, so this is almost as exciting as the cruise for me! I'll have a full report on the journey.

In the meantime I'd love to hear from you! What would you like to know about the beautiful new MSC Bellissima? Is there anything you'd like me to discover on board? As always, I hope to try all of the speciality dining venues on board. Let me know in the comments and I'll do my best to get the answers you need.
    Duncan S

See my blog!

I'm hoping to hear some positive stories from your trip, since booking my first MSC trip for later in the year, I've heard a lot of negative things
    Looking forward to following your trip, Enjoy and take care .................................................. .................Carol

Comment

Enjoy your trip. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Comment

Good, a Duncan blog, I can't wait. It is nice to hear that you are excited about going and you are already including us in the trip.. I wonder what you will make of the inside cabin after the luxury of YC.

I would be interested to hear how the technology performs and also your experience of boarding such a huge ship without the advantages of YC with it's dedicated desk and Concierge. Do you have an assigned boarding time?..Carol

Comment

I look forward to your review and hope you have a wonderful time.

Comment

Really looking forward to your blog, Duncan. I will be interested to read your comparison with YC and the inside cabin. It sounds a wonderful trip, exciting and varied. Enjoy, Bon Voyage! Jen

Comment

Looking forward to your review.... Will brighten up the forum, hope you can cope with an inside cabin.

Carol
              sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

A coffee read. Excellent.

I was amazed at how well I coped [as a solo I must admit] on Mary, in an inside cabin. I got amazing nights of sleep, but then that could have been the Chart Room night cap...s!

Have fun both of you.
                xx

Comment

Really enjoy reading blogs on here , looking forward to yours .

Comment

I look forward to your blog and hope you have a wonderful cruise

Comment

Hurrah!! Long time no blog. Pleased to hear from you Duncan, And so looking forward to your blogs and photos.
                      We are on Splendida on 13 March but alas, Not in YC. But so excited to be trying MSC. Enjoy yourselves. Jan.

Comment

Hi Duncan
                        Good luck with the cruise..it will be what you make of it even though you're in an inside.
                        Hope you and Alex have a great time.
                        Regards
                        Garfield

Comment

Hope you both have a lovely time. I always love your blogs, can’t wait!

Comment

I'll look out for you Duncan. I'll be getting a train across to Southampton on Monday morning. I am resisting the urge to pop across over the weekend to take a peek.
                            2018-
                            Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                            NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                            Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                            Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                            Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Looking forward to a blog might throw a few comments.
                              We are at LHR T5 waiting for the coach to Southampton.
                              Hoping the weather picks up we planed Portsmouth for Sunday.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X