• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not do away with formal dinning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
    There are still ships that will stick with the formal, and that's my preference, as there are ships that suit those who don't want formal, I think there will always be a choice

While we are paying I will seek out what suits me best just as I am sure other's will. and make no mistake a lot of the younger passengers love the thrill of dressing for formal nights, horses for courses. CG
    Hi C.G.! Just returned from the "Adonia". The majority of passengers in the upper age bracket, perhaps I should have said that all of the passengers were in that bracket. It was a fun filled cruise all the way, and the dress codes were all adhered to to a man and woman. It was a real, pleasure to see the whole ship on formal nights come alive, all with their "Glad Rags" on. Why is it that there are those who always want to degrade others who wish to get a more enjoyable experience from their holiday. Are they too frightened to get out of the rut, and try something new?

John

Comment

Originally posted by granddaddy, worksop View Post
      Hi C.G.! Just returned from the "Adonia". The majority of passengers in the upper age bracket, perhaps I should have said that all of the passengers were in that bracket. It was a fun filled cruise all the way, and the dress codes were all adhered to to a man and woman. It was a real, pleasure to see the whole ship on formal nights come alive, all with their "Glad Rags" on. Why is it that there are those who always want to degrade others who wish to get a more enjoyable experience from their holiday. Are they too frightened to get out of the rut, and try something new?

John
      You could have just said they were all still alive

Comment

Make an impression in a stunning outfit.

Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
        There are still ships that will stick with the formal, and that's my preference, as there are ships that suit those who don't want formal, I think there will always be a choice

While we are paying I will seek out what suits me best just as I am sure other's will. and make no mistake a lot of the younger passengers love the thrill of dressing for formal nights, horses for courses. CG
        Yes! I would agree with you CG. I would still be dressing for formal night even if there weren't any I don't do casual ever when I cruise as I live in casual summer clothes the rest of the year so getting dressed for formal night is part of my cruise experience. I love it! If it stops I would still dress for dinner and not give two hoots about what others do. Bring on the long posh frocks I say The more formal the better
        I love to see men and women dressed for dinner. It makes them all happy and smiley plus the men behave better. More like a gentleman should I think many men enjoy dressing as much as the ladies.
        I see people every day out here in sunny Cyprus going to dinner at night in the 5 star spa resort where I work. Most clients dress up but in a casual way. However, when we have black tie evening for special events Wow! do the guests look good. Bearing in mind many are not Brits so lots of other Nationalities love to dress up. It is not a British thing. The Germans and French Italian and the Russians guests are very chic!
        Yes, the Russians they love designer dressing. They are the ones with the money of course these days. I do think teenagers also like the dressing up in prom stuff as they see it all on TV programmes and they want a lovely dress like the celebs wear.
        Formal night has died out on some ships but not all so we all still a choice I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by granddaddy, worksop View Post

John
          Hi John,
          I have to say that when I was on Adonia in August there was a good mix of ages. I am 59 but many people on board were younger than I am. There were no children as it is an adults only ship but many guests were in their 30s and 40s.
          To get back to the point, Like you, I am quite happy dressing up and will always adhere to the suggested dress code. If some people don't like dressing up, there are always alternatives. I look on it as if you were invited to a formal wedding you would dress up, but if the invitation was to a barbecue, you would go casual. Why go on a cruise of they don't want to conform to the customs? I'm all for people being themselves, but there are many holidays that cater for this. Cruising has a certain 'style' attached to it so why do it if you don't like what it entails?
          Angela

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X