• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not do away with formal dinning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not do away with formal dinning

why not do away with formal dinning hey am on holiday shouldnt i be able to sit back and relax. as long as i dont look scruffy who cares apart from the snobs on here

There is no accounting for taste............

Comment

Eah to their own. We enjoy formal dining when on our cruise and only use the self service restaurant for snacks. Sitting down and enjoying a leisurely meal (and often in good company) is something we never get to do at home.
      Oriana
      Oceana
      Ventura
      Queen Mary 2
      Queen Victoria
      Queen Elizabeth

Comment

Why stop there - do away with knives and forks, perhaps.

Comment

Cos we like it!

We are casually dressed 50 weeks of the year.......... Great to get the jewellery and glad rags out.
          sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

I don't even know why I am bothering to answer this but...I like formal dinners and love getting changed into something nice so therefore I am a snob? ...Carol

Comment

All part and parcel of the cruise experience for me, it is nice to dress up when you dont get to do it in your day to day life at home.
              Paver I wonder why you cruise you seem to have a lot of objections to the cruising agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by paver59, wigan View Post
                why not do away with formal dinning hey am on holiday shouldnt i be able to sit back and relax. as long as i dont look scruffy who cares apart from the snobs on here
                If you don't like it then don't do it - there are plenty of cruise lines that cater for informal. You have a huge choice.
                Enjoy.
                sigpic
                Tiggertom
                shaken, not purred

Comment

Paver you have already had one thread deleted plus posts on another thread, time to grow up and stop getting peoples backs up!
                  Wilba

Comment

Formal dining is part of the cruising ethos, always has been, and long may it continue.
                    Fossil1

Comment

You don’t have to look too hard to find a cruise line that doesn't do "Formal Nights" Also on many you can eat in the cafeteria on the Formal Evenings.

You could also put it the other way round and ask why shouldn't we have Formal nights when they are obviously liked by so many customers? And why should that type of evening be curtailed to suit the odd few who see no point to it?

The world is full of holidays that don't require you to dress formally; why try covert a small section to suit your will? ....Neil

Comment

Because i've just got a new dress that's why!.............................................. ...................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Fossil1, London View Post
                          Formal dining is part of the cruising ethos, always has been, and long may it continue.
                          Fossil I totally agree.

Comment

We, like most of the posters here enjoy dressing up and going formal on the occasions dictated to by the cruise lines we choose.Its part of cruising and I believe unique in the travel industry.Long may it continue.But, there are available arears where one could eat informally if one chooses but,heck we go casual at home nice to have a change.

Comment

Originally posted by BinleyBilly, Binley, Coventry View Post
                              Why stop there - do away with knives and forks, perhaps.
                              now your being silly shouldnt you be at school oh forgot its a bank holiday

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X