• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you just cannot face into cooking ........what do you do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you just cannot face into cooking ........what do you do?

You know the situation, work was a pain today, you get home late and the last thing you want to do is face cooking you dinner?

Do you pop into Tesco and get a €12 meal deal, pop it into the over, have a shower and dinner is almost done when you get out?

Do you reach to the cupboard and pull out that most versatile of foods and have it with toast? Yep The tin of beans! No larder should ever be without one!

Do you ring the local takeaway?

Do you go half way and make an omlette?

Do settle for a sandwich?

I normally rush up stairs, quick wash and change and shout the wife to get my dinner on the table and hey presto!!!

Comment

I have ready to wok noodles for just such occasions.

Comment

That's what 'Curry' deliveries are for!
        See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Take away generally. Being retired now I don't have the same time restrictions but if I am feeling tired and want a quick but tasty meal I stir fry some garlic, onion, mixed peppers and a fresh tomato in olive oil. Boil some pasta and add to the stir fry with some blue cheese, cheddar and creme fraiche and black pepper. It is so tasty it is not a chore. You can even keep some for a cold snack. I'm hungry now thinking about it.

Comment

Just recently I've re-discovered Bovril and when I get peckish I'll have a nice steamy mug of Bovril to drink. It's yummy and not too many calories.

Comment

Baked potatoes with beans and topped with cheese, lovely.

Comment

Aren't beans so versatile! Can have them for breakfast, lunch or dinner! So tasty! Always have some in the cupboard!

Comment

Living within 5 mins walk of..
                  KFC, Mc Donalds, fish and chip shop, Domino pizza, and a wicked Indian takeaway. Is soooo bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfy, Shrewsbury View Post
                    I normally rush up stairs, quick wash and change and shout the wife to get my dinner on the table and hey presto!!!
                    Good job you don't live at my house

Comment

Always, when I'm on my own, I go for egg and chips.....perhaps with beans. I don't think I've ever cooked that for both of us- it's my guilty secret....
                      Jo.
                      Jo.

Comment

Have a Take Away, delivered.
                        Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

When I am asked "What are you making?" my reply is - " Reservations"....

Comment

Originally posted by trevor432990, East Sussex View Post
                            Just recently I've re-discovered Bovril and when I get peckish I'll have a nice steamy mug of Bovril to drink. It's yummy and not too many calories.
                            In Malta children used to be raised on Bovril with baby pasta. As they grew grated or cream cheese would be added. Still one of my comfort foods.

Originally posted by Jocap, Cumbria View Post
                            Always, when I'm on my own, I go for egg and chips.....perhaps with beans. I don't think I've ever cooked that for both of us- it's my guilty secret....
                            Jo.
                            Jo same here. And if I'm feeling really decadent it will be real chips not the frozen oven chips. (and one of the few times I have ketchup)

Comment

I batch cook at the weekend, so that I've always got something to eat. If I haven't then I'm likely to resort to snacking if I'm hungry while cooking.

If I have nothing else, then I will open a tin of beans and toast some bread. It's lovely, and of course beans are good for you!

I can't remember the last time I had a takeaway - it was several years ago.
                              2018-
                              Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                              NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                              Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                              Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                              Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you