• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dining companions Good or bad experiences

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
    Errm ...You did say young didn't you?
    Don't be rude about Mrs T.
    Cruising is like;

Being in The Garden of Eating

Comment

Returned 2 weeks ago from a 14 day cruise around the Caribbean on Ventura, I have to say we met the nicest people ever.
      We all got on so well it was sad when we had to depart.
      I particularly loved the formal evenings and we ladies were dressed to the nines.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
        I am a confirmed Traditional Diner, that is how I started my cruising almost 55 years ago and that is how I will finish my cruising. In all those years I have never had a 'bad table' and if we cruise as a couple always request a table for 6 or 8.
        A table for two, no thanks. We do that at home every night watching Eggheads and Corrie.

Being a stickler for punctuality, I have had 5 attempts at Freedom/Anytime Dining on 5 different cruises and have not once sat down at the pre booked time, nor walked straight to a table at a so called 'Anytime Arrival'.

"Go to the bar and get a drink and we will call you when your table is ready" ..........Oh yes any excuse to relieve you of some more cash whilst you wait for a table.

Not for me.........No Thanks............Wilba
        Not quite up to 55 years like you Wilba but close, like you have tried freedom/anytime many times but although having some nice tables never has connected with us either.

My prefered line at this moment does give that choice for which I'm gratful. Funny we have certainly enjoy some great company with them even though very few English on board.
        Cruising is like;

Being in The Garden of Eating

Comment

Originally posted by Calgray, Yorkshire View Post
          Traditional for us too!

Have had the occasional meal in a Speciality restaurant, good to know we get dressed for dinner, go and will be seated straight away. Love the rapport we build up with the waiters.

Carol, its getting to the stage that I will not have to use my little grey cells anymore,anything I want to say,you have already got it out.

jim

Comment

Travelling as a family we prefer the fixed dining in the MDR. We quickly develope a relationship with the waiting staff and they quickly develope an understanding of our quirks, preferences etc. It works well for us and is something we very much look forward to each evening.

Vinny
            sigpic

Comment

Freedom dining for me, I loved meeting different people every night and never needed to wait any more than 10 minutes.

Comment

Just wondered whats the best time........7.30pm is the time we would like,,,but does it get busy at certain times..............6.30pm to early and 8.30 to late.......

Comment

Originally posted by rocky, London View Post
                  Just wondered whats the best time........7.30pm is the time we would like,,,but does it get busy at certain times..............6.30pm to early and 8.30 to late.......
                  We always went around 7.30 - 8 pm and never much of a wait.

Comment

Thanks......cant wait.......

Comment

Originally posted by bobf, oxford View Post
                      Have that problem myself though about 50% deaf with my aid in I can hear most things till the dining room hubbub cuts in not to mention when the pianist and the bloke with the violin kick in then it is nearly 90%.
                      Try to lipread but leave it up to my dear wife who wows them all anyway to nudge me at the right times
                      I always ask the waiters to talk face on and once they realise you have a bit of a hearing problem they are as good as gold
                      You are lucky to have someone to give you a nudge, I am a Widower, with the same problem.

Comment

best time to Dine.........

Best time to dine.....early or late seting ?
                        Originally posted by Bill, Keighley View Post
                        You are lucky to have someone to give you a nudge, I am a Widower, with the same problem.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                        X