• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Azura's maiden season - beware!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azura's maiden season - beware!

Hello. I sailed on Azura's second voyage.

Many aspects of the cruise were wonderful, including the staff and the food. BUT there were many pitfalls too.

We had to have a plumber to our cabin twice because of the loo blocking up - most embarrassing! - and many of the public loo's on the ship were either blocked or marked 'Out of Order'. This resulted in queues everywhere, especially in the evenings.

The line dancing in the atrium on some mornings resulted in a nightmare for some of us. It was 'miked up' and the sound travelled straight into the doorless library where some of us were trying to read or send emails.

Having sailed on the Arcadia previously, we found the Azura to be quite inferior and would not wish to travel on her again.

Our cabin was smaller (though more expensive!) and the design of the ship was less passenger-friendly in many ways.

Originally posted by Jude, Near Cardiff View Post
    Hello. I sailed on Azura's second voyage.

Many aspects of the cruise were wonderful, including the staff and the food. BUT there were many pitfalls too.

We had to have a plumber to our cabin twice because of the loo blocking up - most embarrassing! - and many of the public loo's on the ship were either blocked or marked 'Out of Order'. This resulted in queues everywhere, especially in the evenings.

The line dancing in the atrium on some mornings resulted in a nightmare for some of us. It was 'miked up' and the sound travelled straight into the doorless library where some of us were trying to read or send emails.

Having sailed on the Arcadia previously, we found the Azura to be quite inferior and would not wish to travel on her again.

Our cabin was smaller (though more expensive!) and the design of the ship was less passenger-friendly in many ways.

Hello Jude,
    We were on A002 as well and sorry but i have to disagree with you, politely of course. There was a problem with the public loo's being out of order, especially the Ladies by the restaurant, and all ships have problems with the cabin loo's vacuum sometimes. Ours was fine though.
    Apart from that I think Azura is superior to Arcadia in every way. Food and entertainment specially. I have just been on celebrity Eclipse too, another beautiful ship, and along with Azura both of these are now my favourite ships at the mo. Arcadia is not in the same class imo.
    Just my opinion though as we all like different things don't we?
    I think it's important to get a balanced view of each ship as some people can be put off by just one bad review.

Comment

Originally posted by Champagne Cocktail, Whitchurch View Post
      Hello Jude,
      We were on A002 as well and sorry but i have to disagree with you, politely of course. There was a problem with the public loo's being out of order, especially the Ladies by the restaurant, and all ships have problems with the cabin loo's vacuum sometimes. Ours was fine though.
      Apart from that I think Azura is superior to Arcadia in every way. Food and entertainment specially. I have just been on celebrity Eclipse too, another beautiful ship, and along with Azura both of these are now my favourite ships at the mo. Arcadia is not in the same class imo.
      Just my opinion though as we all like different things don't we?
      I think it's important to get a balanced view of each ship as some people can be put off by just one bad review.
      Of course every experience is subjective and we're all entitled to express our opinions. Clearly you visited different loo's on the ship than we did, and you didn't try to use the library/internet room. Fair enough!

This was my experience on Azura, and I wouldn't wish to repeat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jude, Near Cardiff View Post
        Of course every experience is subjective and we're all entitled to express our opinions. Clearly you visited different loo's on the ship than we did, and you didn't try to use the library/internet room. Fair enough!

This was my experience on Azura, and I wouldn't wish to repeat it.
        Actually Jude, I used the Library almost every day - no need for the internet bit of the Library though, because Azura has wifi all over the ship! :D
        I just didn't try to have a quiet read for the hour once a day that the line dancing took place in the Atrium, but that was probably because i was doing the line dancing. :D

As you say though, we all have different opinions of ships so thank goodness there are enough to go around. Arcadia would be my last choice of ship - everyone is in bed by 11pm and I find it very "beige", but that is just my humble opinion.

Comment

Same difference

It often occurs that we have conflicting reports from different people and I am pleased that you both agreed to be different.

So much depends on small incidents which can mar one cruise or make another.

I'm glad that one cruise was enjoyed to the full and hope that the other had some finer points even though they were probably overwhelmed by certain incidents. .....Neil

Comment

are you sure?

Originally posted by Champagne Cocktail, Whitchurch View Post
            Actually Jude, I used the Library almost every day - no need for the internet bit of the Library though, because Azura has wifi all over the ship! :D
            I just didn't try to have a quiet read for the hour once a day that the line dancing took place in the Atrium, but that was probably because i was doing the line dancing. :D

As you say though, we all have different opinions of ships so thank goodness there are enough to go around. Arcadia would be my last choice of ship - everyone is in bed by 11pm and I find it very "beige", but that is just my humble opinion.
            Much as I have enjoyed reading your views please allow me to beg to differ on at least one point... everyone is in bed by 11pm...

I have taken three Arcadia cruises, a total of 51 days, and, as a keen dancer, can honestly say I cannot recall the Globe closing any evening before a quarter past midnight, and that was for 'live music' and yes, there were others dancing.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X