• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qsine on Celebrity Eclipse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't yet managed to write a full review following our 3 night cruise this week but I thought I'd write a short review about our experience in Qsine to tempt the palates of those who will be joining the ship shortly as a few people have been looking for a review of this restaurant.

This is not a traditional restaurant and folk wanting a traditional restaurant experience may not like Qsine. However if you want excellent food prepared in a fun and imaginative way then it is definately worth the cover charge of $30 per head.

The menu is presented to you on an I-pad - you and your dining companions select from the 20 dishes on the menu which you'd like and then your 'tour guide' compares the selections and constructs a meal plan for you. There are no starters or mains and food is produced tapas style and meant to be shared. There are no rules, cutlery is non-standard and serving plates are almost non-existent. All the food is presented in unusual receptacles.

We started off with sushi lollipops which were amazing - my partner even said so and he isn't a sushi fan. This was served with lava crab as a separate order. Then we had painters mignon - a steak served on an artists palate with side orders in glass bottles around the edge. At this stage we were getting very full and asked our guide if there was a lighter choice as our final selection - she recommended chitinis ie, 5 chinese dishes served in martini glasses, all of which were excellent.

The dessert menu was presented on a cube which needed to be manipulated to find out all 6 dishes. And then there is a final surprise once you've finished your meal which I shall leave as a surprise.

All the time we were in there we were craning our necks looking at what everyone else was being served Every dish was presented in a different, fun way. The standard of the food was fantastic but it was entertainment at the same time. Someone in a review described it as Heston Blumenthal does tapas and I think this sums it up pretty well!

Highly recommended.
    Cruising my way through life!

Sue

Thank you for sharing your experience in Qsine. We have to wait until next year to sail on the Eclipse but I had read the menu and it sounded innovative and delicious !

Christiaan

Comment

I have been trying to prebook Qsine but I reckon I must be missing something obvious as I can't do it. Site lets me choose number of guests, date and time but I can't actually book it. Ah well probably have to wait until we get onboard.

Comment

Dont worry they do save some time slots for those that dont prebook.

The reservations desk are open when you get on board, so if you have a particular time and day in mind then make it one of your priorities on embarkation day.

Comment

Phoned Celebrity and it transpired that my booking problem was because I use Firefox as my browser.

Tried again using IE and managed to book with no problem. How odd though that Celebrity are aware there is an issue but don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by krisskross, Hagley (2) View Post
            Phoned Celebrity and it transpired that my booking problem was because I use Firefox as my browser.

Tried again using IE and managed to book with no problem. How odd though that Celebrity are aware there is an issue but don't fix it.
            I hope you enjoy the experience. Remember to come on here and tell us what you had as I didn't get to see all the choices as they were served to other diners.

We are back on Eclipse in April and will definately be booking into Qsine again.

Sue

Comment

Qsine dining

Hello - first posting!

I am going on the Eclipse at the end of this month - where exactly is the Qsine restaurant?

Anyone able to tell me?

Thanks.

Comment

Qsine is at the rear of the entertainment deck on the starboard side. It takes the place of the Silk Harvest restaurant which is on the other Solstice class ships.

Sue

Comment

We loved Qsine! Very imaginative, service very attentive and all such fun. Just be aware that the meatball trilogy dish was huge. 3 different cannonball sized servings. The artist palette filet mignon was truly wonderful. We opted to have just the one serving cut in half and each half cooked to our individual taste. Desserts were yummy.

We did consider a second visit but the food in the MDR was truly delicious, varied and plentiful so we decided not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Malco, Hartlepool View Post
                    Hello - first posting!

I am going on the Eclipse at the end of this month - where exactly is the Qsine restaurant?

Anyone able to tell me?

Thanks.
                    On Deck 5, from the aft lift space walk aft through Ensemble and you will come to first Qsine on your left followed by Tuscan Grill and Blu. Murano is also accessed from Ensemble, near the bar.

Comment

Another little delicacy

Originally posted by krisskross, Hagley (2) View Post
                      We loved Qsine! Very imaginative, service very attentive and all such fun. Just be aware that the meatball trilogy dish was huge. 3 different cannonball sized servings. The artist palette filet mignon was truly wonderful. We opted to have just the one serving cut in half and each half cooked to our individual taste. Desserts were yummy.

We did consider a second visit but the food in the MDR was truly delicious, varied and plentiful so we decided not to.
                      We managed six courses but my favourite was the Lobster Escargot.

Only two out of six escargot remain. The cornets to the left contain mini Brioche for soaking up the garlic butter.

Comment

I can only add to everyone else's praise of this amazing dining experience. Just one word of advice: be really, really hungry when you go (not easy on a cruise ship). There are so many amazing dishes that you see other people around you eating, and although the portions are not huge, you will want to try as many as possible. The food was amazing and innovative, well worth the supplement.

Comment

Originally posted by Linden, High Wycombe View Post
                          I can only add to everyone else's praise of this amazing dining experience. Just one word of advice: be really, really hungry when you go (not easy on a cruise ship). There are so many amazing dishes that you see other people around you eating, and although the portions are not huge, you will want to try as many as possible. The food was amazing and innovative, well worth the supplement.
                          Good morning Linden, you can always visit Qsine twice and cover a different selection. I doubt if anyone could seriously take more than 50% of the menu.

Comment

we went 2 nights in a row to Qsine

So true about the very good comments about Qsine, We travelled on Eclipse for the mini break to Ireland earlier in the year as soon as we boarded we booked Munrano, for the second evening...

but after having a disapointing meal on the first night in the main dining resturant, we went and booked Qsine for a time slot that the table next to the window would br available.........It was excellent and the novalty of using the I Pad ( still new concept) added to the enjoyment.....The Lady who was in charge of Qsine explained how the chef came on board to teach the other chiefs by experimenting his ideas and the ship staff was the tasters......

Then as we left Qsine we booked again for the last night and let the waiter choose for us all the different small versions from the I Pad menue.......now Qsine has a great reputation...you need to booked before you board.....But Munrano is very good 2 menues with 2 very different cover charges.....be careful of other cover charges in the menu......Ciao

Originally posted by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent View Post
                            On Deck 5, from the aft lift space walk aft through Ensemble and you will come to first Qsine on your left followed by Tuscan Grill and Blu. Murano is also accessed from Ensemble, near the bar.
                            Last edited by rocky, London; 4th November 2010, 10:34 AM. Reason: grammer

Comment

Does anybody have a link to the menu for Qsine or is it not available? We're booked on the mini cruise to Cork in May - I did it last year with my mum but we didn't even go and look at Qsine but am travelling with my husband this time and we think it might be something to try. Thanks.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X