• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Murano on Celebrity.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murano on Celebrity.

Hi all
    In all my cruises i have never booked a speciality restaurant except the pay for Glasshouse on P&O (love the Fish & Chips).

Now i have just booked Murano on our upcoming cruise on Celebrity Eclipse,,,non so much for the food but to mark my anniversary,,,,and to try it out, £72 for the two of us.

Have no read many adverse comments so hopefully it will be OK.

Reading elsewhere a lot of our American cousins who would normally book a Aqua Class balcony are now booking a standard balcony,,,and using the money saved to book a speciality restaurant for every night of the cruise,,,sounds like a good plan.

Any thoughts on speciality restaurants?
    I have no complaints on the MDR food.

ps,A question for anyone who knows,,,,,,,Can i use my DP to get drinks in Murano? It says $25 corkage on any bottles of wine not purchased in the restaurant,,,i only want a Prosecco and a Vodka & slimline,or two!!

JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Hi JC

Murano is claimed to be the best of its type at sea, We have eaten in there, very nice I prefer Tuscan grill.

If you contact the Captains club via the web site they will answer your question regarding the drink package, we used used ours in Tuscan grill, but that was some time ago and things may have altered.

We had a few cruises in Aqua class and as the prices started to rise we opted for a decent Balcony cabin and ate in the MDR,or paid to eat in a Speciality restaurant .The savings are now massive you could be looking at well over a £1000 on some cruises.And found the food very nice but the service was not as good as Blu.....Taffy
    ​Taffy

Comment

I’ve eaten at Murano a few times and it’s the best food I’ve had at sea, by a decent stretch. The service is great and the food is fantastic.

You can use your drinks package as normal. 👍🏽
      Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

Thanks guys,most reassuring and helpful.
        JC

Comment

We ate at Murano for our 30th wedding anniversary 5 years ago. It really was lovely and we were able to use our drinks package with no problem. I have to admit that the first waiter we had was rather obsequious which was a bit creepy but hen he was replaced with a Ben Affleck lookalike who was great. This chap did an amazing flaming crepe at our table too which I videotaped on my camera. I too would go back to the Tuscan grill in a flash as the food was great and the views were to die for. Enjoy your cruise and Happy Anniversary JC!

Take care, Helen

Comment

We are not frequent users of specialty restaurants unless we get a substantial discount, but once I was lucky enough to win dinner for two in Murano for answering a question in a travel presentation on board. It was without doubt the best meal we have had at sea, and came close to being the best anywhere. The service was a bit over the top, but the food was spectacular. We enjoyed a Winemaker's dinner on Royal Princess for an anniversary and enjoyed that until a waiter brought a guitar and serenaded us - cringeworthy! I can’t imagim that happening in Murano, it is way too classy.
            Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post
              We are not frequent users of specialty restaurants unless we get a substantial discount, but once I was lucky enough to win dinner for two in Murano for answering a question in a travel presentation on board. It was without doubt the best meal we have had at sea, and came close to being the best anywhere. The service was a bit over the top, but the food was spectacular. We enjoyed a Winemaker's dinner on Royal Princess for an anniversary and enjoyed that until a waiter brought a guitar and serenaded us - cringeworthy! I can’t imagim that happening in Murano, it is way too classy.
              Sheila
              You made me laugh with that Sheila! I remember how we were dining in the a la carte restaurant on the Island Star for our 25th anniversary. The food was great and the waiters were lovely, however, one had a guitar and they serenaded us and the other couples celebrating their big anniversaries with a stream of soppy songs. The guitar was sadly out of tune and by the time they reached the last table they were singing “Please release me! “ As you can imagine we were all wanting to be released by that point 😁.

Take care, Helen

Comment

Murano and Tuscan Grill were two of the best restaurants ever, And yes we were also more than happy with food in the MD, I had filet steak and Denis had the lobster, cooked table side. Wonderful, Enjoy JC. Jan.

Comment

Hi JC,enjoy your cruise and Happy Anniversary!On a day visit in Liverpool next week on Eclipse with lunch in Tuscan Grille included.

Comment

Hi JC, we got home yesterday from Reflection and ate twice at Murano, we bought a 4 meal speciality dining package a few weeks before the cruise. Happy with MDR but just like to have a bit of variety. We had tried Murano before and loved it. It's a lovely restaurant and perfect for a special occasion. We had drinks within our package, no issue. They presented a bill at the end for 0.00, with the option to add a tip should you wish.

Comment

We love Murano’s. Excellent food and service. I’d maybe think of cancelling your booking JC and wait till you board as they usually have discounts of 30% or 50% if in port overnight.
                      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
                        We love Murano’s. Excellent food and service. I’d maybe think of cancelling your booking JC and wait till you board as they usually have discounts of 30% or 50% if in port overnight.
                        Hi Issy
                        Thought of doing that but I wanted a particular date (my anniversary) and a 19:30 dining time.
                        I couldn't guarantee getting that if I waited until I got onboard.
                        JC

Comment

Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post
                          Hi JC,enjoy your cruise and Happy Anniversary!On a day visit in Liverpool next week on Eclipse with lunch in Tuscan Grille included.
                          Hi philar
                          Enjoy your lunch,was it yesterday or today?
                          Noticed Celebrity Eclipse stayed overnight in Liverpool last night,,,I think even I would have gone ashore for a few beers in town last night if I would have been on her.

JC

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                            Hi philar
                            Enjoy your lunch,was it yesterday or today?
                            Noticed Celebrity Eclipse stayed overnight in Liverpool last night,,,I think even I would have gone ashore for a few beers in town last night if I would have been on her.

JC
                            Hi JC, thanks it's today.Originally was supposed to be 10-2.30 changed to 12-5.My daughter's last GCSE exam today so going to have to quit early.Still,I won't miss the lunch

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X