• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which one?

Hi all,As you may know,We are off on The Silhouette on Sunday The thing is it,s our Anniversary on June 30th,and we are wondering which out of two speciality restaurants to dine in that night,Have tried Murano and loved it,so,Tuscan Grill or Qsine.? I love Italian,but love the thought of the quirkiness of Qsine! What venue is more apt for a romantic meal for 2 old fuddy duddies? Jan.

Qsine is fun, but not what I would consider a romantic venue, since the atmosphere is more casual and the servers are chatty. I have not been on Silhouette, so don't know if the location of the Tuscan Grill is the same as on other S class ships, but we had a lovely meal on Solstice at a window table looking over the wake as the sun set. I can barely remember the food, just that it was good, but the view was outstanding.

Sheila

Comment

Of the three, I'd go for Murano every time. It's definitely the best venue for a romantic evening)

If you don't want to pay another visit to Murano (how can you resist?) then I'd say Tuscan Grill is the only realistic alternative, and if you book early and speak to the Maitre d' you might be able to secure a wonderful table at the back in the middle - if you have to book an early dinner to secure this it's worth it!

Qsine is great fun, but not suitable for a romantic getaway. As smtcan says there are too many interruptions, and the meal is too interactive to be appropriate (in my opinion).
      Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

Jan, I would still go for Murano even though you have already been before. We did Tuscan recently and were a bit disappointed. My OH ordered a cream of onion soup and we both thought it looked exactly the same as the French Onion one in the MDR and I found the desserts were ok but not brilliant. We did have a wonderful evening as the staff were just so lovely and made us feel really special, and the table overlooking the wake was just gorgeous so that is worth a consideration.

Why not get a deal and try Tuscan Grill on a different evening? We were offered 30% off for any of the restaurants so maybe that would be an option...Carol

Comment

Murano would be my choice Jan, have a great time and congratulations ......

Comment

Thanks to you all for the advice,Talked it over with Hub and he,s all for going back to Murano ,so i,m happy at that,if only every decision was as easy,eh? Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by jan lowden, sunderland (2) View Post
              Thanks to you all for the advice,Talked it over with Hub and he,s all for going back to Murano ,so i,m happy at that,if only every decision was as easy,eh? Jan.
              I'd say the others are certainly worth trying, and I know some people who think Tuscan Grill is the best one.

They've always got deals on offering a 30% saving on dining, so maybe try to do all of them? All certainly offer something different!

Most importantly though: have a fantastic cruise, and happy anniversary when it comes.
              Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

Originally posted by jan lowden, sunderland (2) View Post
                Hi all,As you may know,We are off on The Silhouette on Sunday The thing is it,s our Anniversary on June 30th,and we are wondering which out of two speciality restaurants to dine in that night,Have tried Murano and loved it,so,Tuscan Grill or Qsine.? I love Italian,but love the thought of the quirkiness of Qsine! What venue is more apt for a romantic meal for 2 old fuddy duddies? Jan.
                Hi Jan, will see you on the Silhouette when we meet up,time as flew since I booked this cruise.
                I love both Tuscan and Murano and hope to pay a visit to each. Nice to celebrate an anniversary on a lovely ship sure we will all have a great cruise. Dianne

Comment

At last i can the words"See you on Sunday,Dianne" !! Jan.

Comment

You are in Kotor that day,

I would go for Tuscan aft window for sailaway dinner.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Kot...negro&t=h&z=12

You could do the Venice sailaway first night thats a good one also.

Comment

Lots of mixed opinions but I'll give my thoughts too.

Tuscan Grille would be my prefered choice with a table for two right by the big picture windows at the back. Tell them you are celebrating a special occasion, you will get some extra attention from the chef.

Comment

Oooh now that has changed things a bit, that would be a wonderful view...Carol

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                        You are in Kotor that day,

I would go for Tuscan aft window for sailaway dinner.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Kot...negro&t=h&z=12

You could do the Venice sailaway first night thats a good one also.

Comment

Murano ,the restaurant of choice for something special. The others are fine but Qsine a bit gimmicky but good for the experience the Tuscan grill is a good steak type restaurant .But,if you want something that you will be remembering for some time ,go with Murano.
                          Enjoy.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X