• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BLU on Equinox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLU on Equinox

Hi, I've just upgraded our cabin to Aqua Class and was wondering if anyone could tell me where I might be able to see a copy of the BLU menu. Many thanks

These are old ones, but will give you an idea.

Blu is fantastic, and they do a great breakfast as well!

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0AZB...RiMDllNzNkZDMx

Celebrity Solstice - Blu breakfast menu | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Blu Eclipse 2011 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Comment

thats fab. Thanks. Glad I paid the extra. Just wish I knew which cabin so I could check out where it was from the deck plans.

Comment

Originally posted by jodie, horsham View Post
        thats fab. Thanks. Glad I paid the extra. Just wish I knew which cabin so I could check out where it was from the deck plans.
        Have you logged into your online account with Celebrity as they may have allocated a cabin to you already - assuming you have taken a guarantee?

Comment

For quite a long time on several previous cruises on the Eclipse, my wife had been nagging me to try the "Blu Restaurant" on our last cruise I gave in and we booked a table. It really was not for us, there was no starter that I really fancied, but there was Lamb Shank which I am rather partial to, it was tender literally dropping off the bone, and had absolutely no taste what so ever, they must not use seasoning in their “healthy” cooking, and you cannot add the taste by season the food after it had been cooked. A nice blob of Mash and a roast or two would have gone down well, but Couscous did not do it for me. We went immediately to the buffet when we left. But that is just us, I know many people enjoy eating in Blu, but we certainly did not. If you find like we did you are not too keen, then you can swop to dining in the main dining room, but your choice of times may be very limited.
          Any one wants to plays bridge and is on any of the cruises listed below please send me a private message

cruises 2012
          Eclipse 12/05
          Queen Victoria 24/03
          Eclipse 12/05
          Oceania Riveria 13/08
          Eclipse 29/09
          Queen Victoria 20/12

2013 Cruises booked
          Eclipse 11/05
          Eclipse 06/07
          Eclipse 31/08
          Eclipse 20/10

Comment

We have dined in Blu and found it great, the breakfast menu very good very high service level as it does not seat many. As I have to eat a healthy low salt diet it suits us fine.
            We though you have slightly less choice than the MDR but found more than enough to have some very tasty meals and try some new dishes out. Always a good choice of bread and you can ask for more if you wish.
            When we Sailed on Equinox we ate in Blu and had an American couple tell us how bad the food was and how we were not enjoying it ?
            after some debate I think they accepted that we were enjoying the food they had not eaten in there but had heard from someone.
            As PG says if you are not happy with the food then ask to get transferred to the MDR hope you enjoyed the ship as much as we did.
            ​Taffy

Comment

so Teqila (salt - Teqila - Lemon) shots are not the order of the day when we meet up in the concierge on the Eclipse. May be we went in on a bad day.

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
              We have dined in Blu and found it great, the breakfast menu very good very high service level as it does not seat many. As I have to eat a healthy low salt diet it suits us fine.
              We though you have slightly less choice than the MDR but found more than enough to have some very tasty meals and try some new dishes out. Always a good choice of bread and you can ask for more if you wish.
              When we Sailed on Equinox we ate in Blu and had an American couple tell us how bad the food was and how we were not enjoying it ?
              after some debate I think they accepted that we were enjoying the food they had not eaten in there but had heard from someone.
              As PG says if you are not happy with the food then ask to get transferred to the MDR hope you enjoyed the ship as much as we did.
              Any one wants to plays bridge and is on any of the cruises listed below please send me a private message

cruises 2012
              Eclipse 12/05
              Queen Victoria 24/03
              Eclipse 12/05
              Oceania Riveria 13/08
              Eclipse 29/09
              Queen Victoria 20/12

2013 Cruises booked
              Eclipse 11/05
              Eclipse 06/07
              Eclipse 31/08
              Eclipse 20/10