• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your best Speciality Meal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by Funky Face Painter, Pershore View Post
    Murano's on Celebrity Eclipse this summer. Absolutely fabulous. Best lobster and scallops I have ever tasted...
    Hi Funky Face

    We were there in May/June this year . I had the lobster too , it was delicious ! Did not see scallops on the menu at all , perhaps it varies night by night ?

    We dined at each restaurant twice during the cruise but Murano was my favourite. Have booked already for next year........

    Christiaan

    Comment


      #47
      Whilst it wasn't my best ever EVER meal...I did get fed up of cold lobster [no dressing] and cobb salad after a few days on the Victoria in July...too much of a good thing and all that!!

      Comment


        #48
        Our best specialty meal was the Tuscan Grill on board Celebrity Eclipse which surprised me as having previously had a meal in the Tuscan Grill on Equinox which I didnt particularly rate very highly. Apparently they have tweaked the menu since then and it shows. I could not fault it, together with the attentive service I found it better than Muranos.

        Worst was on the Carnival Magic Steakhouse $30 per head charge for food that was same as served up in the main dining room except slightly bigger portions and on fancier plates. A big disappointment.

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by Seismiccruiser, Wigan UK View Post
          The Polo Grill & Toscana Restaurants on Oceania's Nautica were in my opinion out of this world. The ambience and spectacular food served made for a dining experience that we have never encountered since.
          The Polo Grill specialised in mouth watering varieties of steaks, chops,
          and lamb, while Toscana provided fantastic menus of various fish and seafood, Italian Style.
          As we were on a 27 day cruise from Rome to Singapore we had the pleasure of eating in both restaurants twice. On top of that, there was no extra charge!!!!!!!...................Seismiccruiser
          On my 2nd cruise with Oceania Cruises on Nautica, we ate in Toscana on the first night (without a reservation, since it was nearly empty, people being presumably tired from long flights etc). I was handed the menu but ordered the following without opening it:
          Beef carpaccio to start
          Risotto of wild mushrooms
          Osso bucco
          Toscana's 'Quintet' of desserts

          As for my worst meal that's easy: any meal we had on Voyages to Antiquity's Aegean Odyssey in June 2010.
          The worst thing I ever put in my mouth however has to be a piece of 'smoked' haddock for breakfast on the Black Watch last month. This watery piece of vileness had never seen the inside of a smokehouse, and was painted with some sort of radioactive yellow dye.
          Last edited by purrdey, Henley; 9th September 2011, 03:49 PM.

          Comment


            #50
            It maybe wasn't the 'best' speciality meal but it was certainly the most fun and interesting - QSINE on Eclipse. The presentation of the numerous dishes is amazing and fun. It's best enjoyed with a group as the range of dishes and presentation is truly quirky and fun. It's one of these 'must do' if on Eclipse.

            Other than that - I find that the main dining rooms usually present lovely food.

            cheers
            Harvey

            Comment


              #51
              Tuscan Grill gets my vote too.

              Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
              Our best specialty meal was the Tuscan Grill on board Celebrity Eclipse which surprised me as having previously had a meal in the Tuscan Grill on Equinox which I didnt particularly rate very highly. Apparently they have tweaked the menu since then and it shows. I could not fault it, together with the attentive service I found it better than Muranos.

              Worst was on the Carnival Magic Steakhouse $30 per head charge for food that was same as served up in the main dining room except slightly bigger portions and on fancier plates. A big disappointment.
              Ah yes, Bradbury, the Tuscan Grill, now that is a worthwhile visit: excellent steaks and great ambiance.





              My worse was Chops Grill on Independence of the Seas.

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent View Post
                Good afternoon Hillybilly.

                We certainly share some good tastes...

                Azura's 17 Restaurant Balcony section




                Azura's 17 Restaurant - carved at the table


                Now it's friday and I smell Fish and Chips. Byeee
                Talking of fish and chips: the tempura prawns in The Glasshouse on Azura were amazing too. All this talk of fantastic food is making me look forward to our forthcoming cruise even more. Enjoy your friday feast.

                Comment


                  #53
                  I'm pausing from putting the finishing touches to my Bengali Chicken Curry to bring to a friend's birthday tonight (her husband, also a friend, is ill and they are trying to move house and its just chaos) to post that I just booked "Tuscan Grill" for our "Celebrity Equinox" week at Halloween. We have been before on "Eclipse" and in August on "Solstice". I realise I made an assumption - I was under the impression that my husband liked 'Silk Harvest" best being a vegetarian, but he just informed me he prefers "Tuscan Grill". Lucky I also made him a veggie curry for tonight then eh?
                  This is likely to be our last cruise for a long while due to the University fee thing so I'm looking forward to it.
                  Heather
                  ps they do a fab creme brulee in Tuscan Grill! Also a chocolate fondue to die for....

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Most uncomfortable meal ever:
                    On IOTS in the 1950s style diner - all the staff were black, all the customers were white and we felt as if we were stuck in some horrible time warp in segregated America.... The CD player was also stuck on the same few tracks and every time a certain song came on (can't remember what it was) they had to join in and this kept happening again and again which got a bit embarrassing for staff and passengers!

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Best Food

                      Has to be on Celebrity Century...the Murano restaurant had first class quality food especially the fois gras. Worst? I have not yet been unable to eat on a ship but generally Royal Carribean food is just OK.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by Poppyhattie, Southampton View Post
                        Most uncomfortable meal ever:
                        On IOTS in the 1950s style diner - all the staff were black, all the customers were white and we felt as if we were stuck in some horrible time warp in segregated America.... The CD player was also stuck on the same few tracks and every time a certain song came on (can't remember what it was) they had to join in and this kept happening again and again which got a bit embarrassing for staff and passengers!

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by Poppyhattie, Southampton View Post
                          Most uncomfortable meal ever:
                          On IOTS in the 1950s style diner - all the staff were black, all the customers were white and we felt as if we were stuck in some horrible time warp in segregated America.... The CD player was also stuck on the same few tracks and every time a certain song came on (can't remember what it was) they had to join in and this kept happening again and again which got a bit embarrassing for staff and passengers!
                          It was ground hog day

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent View Post
                            Good afternoon Hillybilly.

                            We certainly share some good tastes...

                            Azura's 17 Restaurant Balcony section






                            Azura's 17 Restaurant - carved at the table





                            Now it's friday and I smell Fish and Chips. Byeee
                            Was that a prebooked table by any chance

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent View Post

                              My worse was Chops Grill on Independence of the Seas.

                              Was the animal dead when they served it

                              Are you sure it was not cooked by the ships photographer

                              Comment


                                #60
                                AH, Johnny Rockets

                                Originally posted by Poppyhattie, Southampton View Post
                                Most uncomfortable meal ever:
                                On IOTS in the 1950s style diner - all the staff were black, all the customers were white and we felt as if we were stuck in some horrible time warp in segregated America.... The CD player was also stuck on the same few tracks and every time a certain song came on (can't remember what it was) they had to join in and this kept happening again and again which got a bit embarrassing for staff and passengers!
                                Johnny Rockets - The Place

                                Johnny Rockets - The Entertainment
                                Been there, done that, but don't mention burgers to Mullah Diddy of Burgermania...

                                Johnny Rockets - The Burgers

                                Comment


                                We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.


                                By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

                                Working...
                                X