• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chef's Table on Princess cruises

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chef's Table on Princess cruises

If you are a "foodie"--as I readily confess I am- this is unmissable! You need to book your place promptly; we did so within 30 mins of boarding as places are limited. On our recent 7 night cruise on Grand Princess the chefs table was available on only one night. Places are available for only ten people. It is a memorable occasion! You begin with a tour of the galley, conducted by the executive chef during dinner service. Then, in a "quiet" area of the galley, you are treated to champagne and appetisers, served by the Maitre d', and lovingly described by the chef. Ours included a delicious lobster mango and avocado cocktail(served in a martini glass) and tiny potatoes , filled with sour cream and topped with sevruga caviar. You then proceed to your beautifully laid and decorated table in the restaurant, where you are served a further 4 magical courses by the Maitre d' with selected wines to accompany each course. (and believe me they are generous with the wine!!) We had a lobster risotto (yummy!) followed by a generous presentation dish of veal, pork and beef with a choice of 4 sauces. It is fair to say this appealed more to the men than to us women as we found it a little too generous!!!Next came a baked brie topped with pine nuts and with a port reduction(yummy again)and finally an amazing sweet which I find hard to describe save to say it was served on a dish of spun sugar!!!!As a final treat, each couple was given a copy of the Princess cookbook , duly signed by Chef and Maitre d'. Needless to say we were the last table to leave the restaurant----and we attracted a number of frankly envious glances during the evening! this is an experience I would not have missed for the world!!! As I said at the outset--if you are a foodie , do this or regret it!!!Cynthia

Sound Good

Is this another money making spin for the cruise lines. I cant believe they would do this without an extra charge, or else everyone would be vying for the places. It does sound fab though; But is there a charge for the privilege?

Comment

Yes there is a charge; $75 p.p. but well worth it!!!I would doubt if there was any profit in it, on our evening---we all partook liberally of the "liquid refreshment", supplies of which were copious! (and v. good quality too!) Cynthia

Comment

Good idea but

It does sound brilliant but I hope that the idea doesn't evolve and that you can buy a place on the Captain's table because at the moment that one is free and is always a joy, dare I say this, particularly when it is hosted by one of the Officers or the Cruise Director. So keep it under you hat....but thanks for the tip. ..... Neil

Comment

Please don't tell anyone on my cruise!;)
          Tim

Sea Princess www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=21092"]Review (http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=21092"]Review)
          Sea Princess www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=32147"]Review (http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=32147"]Review)
          Carnival Freedom 14-26 Aug 2008
          www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=45942"]Review

Comment

Have to agree this is a fantastic experience. Well worth every penny! There were two chef's table evenings on our Ruby 12day last month.

Comment

we did the Chefs Table on the Grand Princess last October - it was absolutely wonderful - well worth the charge - we would definitely do this again.

Comment

Where do you book this, is it the Pursers desk or with the Maitre 'd himself?

Comment

My sister and I were told about the chef's table by our waiter on the Sea Princess. As we got to know him over our 2 week cruise, when my sister mentioned that her occupation is a chef, an invitation was sent to our cabin asking us if we would like to participate. It was $75 each, but for SEVEN courses (including copious amounts of champagne and wine!!) it was worth every single penny. Along with the signed cook book, we each received a group photograph, which was brought to our table with the cook book, before we had even finished our coffee's!! We will definitely be doing this on our next cruise, it will be one of the highlights of our on-board time, and we would recommend it to anyone, foodie or not! My sister is the foodie, I'm the fussy eater who tried everything and was surprised to find I enjoyed (almost) everything (I draw the line at carrots!).

Comment

Does anyone if Celebrity ships have a chef's table?

Comment

Originally posted by Christiaan, Ocean Shores View Post
                      Does anyone if Celebrity ships have a chef's table?
                      No, but give it time. What one cruise line does, others will follow suit if there is money to be made..........Wilba
                      Wilba

Comment

I am going for a trip with my fiance to europe and really confused about which restaurant to choose from so while searching i came through this covent restaurant website Fluid's Covent Garden Restaurant Guide - A guide to restaurants and special deals in Covent Garden. , Is this restaurant really good as it sounds on web?

Comment

chefs table

does the golden princess do the chefs table looks great hope they do i would pay the money for that

Comment

I am led to believe on the Princess website all the ships do it. It does say to book via the telephone in the cabin using the dine line button and they soon book up as only take maximum 10 people at a time and going by the forums only a couple per cruise. We are hoping to get on one when we go on Sea Princess in 6 weeks time. Its $75 each so not cheap but copious alcohol and wonderful food its sounds like fun.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X