• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Le Petite Chef on Celebrity.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Le Petite Chef on Celebrity.

Hi all
    Do you like quirky restaurants on board ship........this is a video of Le Petite Chef ,what used to be Qsine.
    Watch the funny little chef prepare your meal...

https://youtu.be/X21vG9Tt_ho

Its two sittings 6pm or 8:30pm.
    A fixed menu of....
    Bouillabaisse.
    Roast half Lobster.
    Fillet Mignon.
    Vanilla Ice Cream Sundae.

Would you fancy it,,,,only £42 each!!!!

You can haggle for a discount.

JC
    Last edited by jc, liverpool; 8th November 2018, 10:34 AM.
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Looks exactly the kind of food I was eating in the Cambodian restaurants a few weeks ago at $5 a pop.............Wilba

ps. I'm referring to to soup in the video, not the full menu.
    Last edited by Wilba; 8th November 2018, 10:50 AM.
    Wilba

Comment

It looks like a lot of fun. If I could get a good price for it, I'd definitely give it a go!
      Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

We used to love Qsine and booked a table having been reassured that the food would be the same. When we saw what was on offer we left without ordering. Big disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
          We used to love Qsine and booked a table having been reassured that the food would be the same. When we saw what was on offer we left without ordering. Big disappointment.
          So have they completely changed the restaurant now? The video still showed the Qsine logo, so I assumed this was just a special menu/event in addition to the normal Qsine experience.

I suppose it makes sense. Qsine is good fun, but maybe some people view it as a one-off novelty? We’ve been a few times and enjoyed each visit!
          Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

Have experienced Le Petit Chef and enjoyed the show. We haggled hard for a reduced price by the way. Qsine has completely changed from the old format to a new shortened menu with Le Petit Chef making an appearance between each course. It is fun, but it is a gimmick, which having been seen once I would not want to repeat the performance. I preferred the old Qsine which was quirky and completely different from any other dining experience on Celebrity. We learnt that new Le Petit Chef shows are being developed so the format will evolve. There are two menus which you are able to mix and match, however, I requested a veggie option to steak/fish. The staff were very happy to do this for me and made no fuss at all. It was a fun evening overall. Jen

Comment

Originally posted by dst87, Falkirk View Post

So have they completely changed the restaurant now? The video still showed the Qsine logo, so I assumed this was just a special menu/event in addition to the normal Qsine experience.

I suppose it makes sense. Qsine is good fun, but maybe some people view it as a one-off novelty? We’ve been a few times and enjoyed each visit!
              The food used to be what I would call Oriental fusion which we love. Now it's essentially steak and fish. I couldn't say whether the food is any good as we didn't stay, but since my wife doesn't eat seafood or steak, and I fancied something a bit different, it was a non-starter for us.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

The food used to be what I would call Oriental fusion which we love. Now it's essentially steak and fish. I couldn't say whether the food is any good as we didn't stay, but since my wife doesn't eat seafood or steak, and I fancied something a bit different, it was a non-starter for us.
                Hi Peter
                Its easy I know,but you are confusing me,,,which resturaunt didn't you stay in,,,Qsine or LPC.
                Surely you looked at the menu before you parted with your money when you booked it.

JC
                Last edited by jc, liverpool; 9th November 2018, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Hi Duncan
                  On Eclipse it's called Le Pettite Chef at Qsine.......
                  Eventually all Qsine resturarants will be converted,,,,,,Sushi lollipops no more.
                  JC

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                    Hi Duncan
                    On Eclipse it's called Le Pettite Chef at Qsine.......
                    Eventually all Qsine resturarants will be converted,,,,,,Sushi lollipops no more.
                    JC
                    Sushi lollipops were always a favourite! 😔
                    Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                      Hi Peter
                      Its easy I know,but you are confusing me,,,which resturaunt didn't you stay in,,,Qsine or LPC.
                      Surely you looked at the menu before you parted with your money when you booked it.

JC
                      No we didn't see a menu. We asked if the food was the same and were told it was. Obviously a lie! Our money was refunded. This was on Eclipse which still uses the Qsine name.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X