• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

now got a major incentive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now got a major incentive

Oh no! Sarolium, take them back. Even if you do lose weight you'll need a little extra room for wineing and dining. Believe me I know. Lost 2 stone a few years ago and bought some lovely new clothes for our first cruise. Alas, none of them fit me now. Be warned cruising definitely shrinks your clothes.:D

Comment

-----------------------------------------------------------------
      I agree with Marie, take them back or they will end up in the wardrobe and never see the light of day again - you Know it makes sense. you can always tighten the belt if ever they do get to big.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      sigpic
      Cruisings Cool

Comment

Originally posted by MarieC, Troon View Post
        Oh no! Sarolium, take them back. Even if you do lose weight you'll need a little extra room for wineing and dining. Believe me I know. Lost 2 stone a few years ago and bought some lovely new clothes for our first cruise. Alas, none of them fit me now. Be warned cruising definitely shrinks your clothes.:D
        That has swung it for me.. had forgotten about the weight gain on the cruise.. so its off to m&s and get the bigger size

Comment

I still can't get into a M&S jacket after losing 19lb since January. The problem is I take a short fitting and they are only available in 46" chest and smaller. Made to measure is not a alternative as I have always found off the peg actually fits me better (when I can squeeze in). At this rate of progress hopefully I will be on a clothes buying spree in December. The plan is to diet 40 weeks a year and spend the other 12 pigging out on holiday etc :D

Comment

Typical.. the offer has now been withdrawn on the m&s site so emailed them to see whether can still take them back and they will honour the initial offer which was 2 sets of trousers with each suit purchased. Alternative is I suppose is to order 2 more pairs and return the original 2 pairs on second receipt.
            Last edited by sarolium, north west; 16th April 2010, 02:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

M & S clothes definitely shrink at sea. Known fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosscat, Argolida View Post
                  M & S clothes definitely shrink at sea. Known fact.
                  Bosscat, ALL my clothes shrink at sea:D

Comment

Bad Idea! I have still got clothes in the wardrobe, bought with good intentions Was going to lose weight before the cruise, Didnt quite get into them before the cruise. There would have been no chance if I had took them. They languish still, intact with the price labels on. Keep saying they are going to the charity shop. A belt to start with, then you wont even need that! Carol :D
                    sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

I also have clothes in the wardrobe with tags on for the day when I finally get to 10.5 stone

It isn't going to happen anytime soon so I should save them the anguish & send them to the charity shop now rather than for when people will be buying them for noughties revival evenings or my daughter wearing them as "vintage"

Get them back to M&S and get two bigger pairs ~ you'll be far happier:D
                      We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.sigpic

Comment

My pal Dave buys "drinking pants". He showed me them in one of those good ideas booklets you get with the Saturday newspapers. You know the sort of thing, they have portable urinals and devices to catch spiders.

Anyway, drinking pants look like any other trousers but have waists which expand by about four inches, as necessary.
                        Liz

Comment

I knew it......

Originally posted by MarieC, Troon View Post
                          . Be warned cruising definitely shrinks your clothes.:D

I knew all that sea air was definitely shrinking my clothes!!
                          Tarkah

Comment

Take new stuff with tags to a dress agency, they love 'em, plus you get money back to spend on new clothes. Our local one gives me 60% of the sale price back. Everyone is happyCarol

Comment

My HUBS HAS 3 D SUITe's.......:Dthe first from 2006,then 2007 and then last yr.....he actually started running so went down in sizes..but....he has stopped running through injury so he may need the middle one now:D
                              That was a very good deal too...2 prs of pants...excellent;)
                              some call me Mrs Early Bird......:p

oooo and I guess we want a badge too.
                              Adventure Oct 2011,Indy Feb 2012. Allure Aug 2012.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X