• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not the best way, but it works...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the best way, but it works...

Not an ideal solution, but I have managed to lose a couple of pounds this week because of an emergency trip to the dentist. We're going on holiday on monday! Not a cruise but I will promise to spend at least one day at sea on a trip!

My gold crown fell off last weekend. Saved it untill monday when I got an appointment, cockily think he'd just cement it back in. Oh no, not me. Roots and pins from previous root canal surgery fractured with infection setting in so had to have it removed there and then. Unfortunately developed a dry socket....more pain and swellingand 3 trips to dentist
    So this is day 6 of soft easy food....no snacks, sweets, alcohol or crisps and I'm feeling quite trim and thankfully the pain is easing off. A week I do not want to repeat
    BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

when i was 18 a couple of years ago i had an over lapping jaw and had to have it broken and reposition i lost nearly a stone in weight !

Comment

You can always sell the gold to pay for another cruise - well over £1000 per oz.
      The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
      T Pratchett.

Comment

Hi Bigsis - way too much information!
        See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsis, Waterlooville View Post
          Not an ideal solution, but I have managed to lose a couple of pounds this week because of an emergency trip to the dentist. We're going on holiday on monday! Not a cruise but I will promise to spend at least one day at sea on a trip!

My gold crown fell off last weekend. Saved it untill monday when I got an appointment, cockily think he'd just cement it back in. Oh no, not me. Roots and pins from previous root canal surgery fractured with infection setting in so had to have it removed there and then. Unfortunately developed a dry socket....more pain and swellingand 3 trips to dentist
          So this is day 6 of soft easy food....no snacks, sweets, alcohol or crisps and I'm feeling quite trim and thankfully the pain is easing off. A week I do not want to repeat
          Warm mash for you then

You could buy some slimfast

Comment

Spam sandwiches all round, then!
            It seems ages since we've had one of those.....
            Jo.

Comment

I'm in need of a replacement dental bridge, involving three teeth. I'm expecting a bill in four figures! My dentist tried to repair it, but was unsuccessful. I'll look on the weight loss as a bonus!

Comment

Hi Cookey what's going on with our teeth this week? I have just broken the gold crown on the big molar at the back and hoped it could be stuck back but no such luck. I had bent the pins too much though I had only been eating roast pork. Nothing the dentist could do but charge me £18 for a 4 second examination not bad money. It wouldn't take him long to save for a cruise. What do they do with all those gold teeth?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Jones, Berkshire View Post
                  Hi Cookey what's going on with our teeth this week? I have just broken the gold crown on the big molar at the back and hoped it could be stuck back but no such luck. I had bent the pins too much though I had only been eating roast pork. Nothing the dentist could do but charge me £18 for a 4 second examination not bad money. It wouldn't take him long to save for a cruise. What do they do with all those gold teeth?
                  make a new crown for King Charles?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X